Quantitative Trading Associate
At MFS, you will find a culture that supports you in doing what you do best. Our employees work together to reach better outcomes, favoring the strongest idea over the strongest individual. We put people first and demonstrate care and compassion for our community and each other. Because what we do matters – to us as valued professionals and to the millions of people and institutions who rely on us to help them build more secure and prosperous futures.
What you will be responsible for:
The Quantitative Trading Associate will assist in assessing trade execution quality across asset classes and globally, and work with the investment team to assess best execution and form actionable insights into how to improve trading. The Quantitative Trading Associate will support to expand the existing analytics suite in order to facilitate additional quantitative studies. Additionally, the Quantitative Trading Associate will participate in engaging with external vendors and counterparties to understand the market micro-structure context in which we operate, help to educate teams internally on their collective efforts and provide transparency to clients, the board, and others around our best execution process.
- Support the Trading team to conduct execution research and analysis, work across asset classes.
- Proactively and collaboratively aid in the development of tools to support and enhance the execution of trading ideas.
- Provide regular and ad hoc reporting for this analysis.
- Find and action opportunities for automation in analysis production.
- Collaborate with a variety of participants in the trading cycle, including Portfolio Managers, Traders, Brokers, Technologists, other Trading Associates, and third-party providers.
- Develop internal and external relationships with Portfolio Managers and Traders on how to improve execution quality.
- Improve the availability and quality of internal and external data and analysis.
- Help maintain and manage third party post-trade execution analytic and vendor relationships.
- Participate in the firm's assessment of Best Execution.
- Assume additional responsibilities as required.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in a relevant field such as finance, statistics, or data science.
- Minimum of 0-2+ years of trading, transaction cost analysis or equivalent experience.
- Familiarity of quantitative financial and statistical concepts.
- Experience with Python or other programming languages preferred.
- Experience working with large data sets, structured and unstructured.
- Ability to interact effectively in a demanding, fast-paced environment. Ability to multi-task and prioritize job responsibilities accordingly.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Some international travel may be needed.
At MFS, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace. If you are excited about this role but your past experience doesn't align perfectly, we encourage you to apply - you might be just the right candidate for this role or others.
What we offer:
- Generous time-off provided: including "Responsible time off" for many roles, paid company holidays when the US Stock Exchange is closed, plus paid volunteer time
- Family Focus: Up to 20 weeks of paid leave for new parents, back-up care program, dependent care flexible spending account, adoption assistance, generous caregiver leave
- Health and Welfare: Competitive medical, vision and dental plans, plus tax-free health savings accounts with company contributions
- Wellness Programs: Robust wellness webinars, employee assistance program, gym reimbursement through our medical plans, fitness center discounts and more
- Life & Disability Benefits: Company-paid basic life insurance and short-term disability
- Financial Benefits: 401(k) savings plan, Defined Contribution plan- 15% of base salary invested into the Plan, competitive total compensation programs