What you will be responsible for
The Global ARO Head is responsible and accountable for all application support functions across the bank in addition to the following responsibilities:
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Develop a vision, strategy and operating model for all processes and functions that are integral to the support of platforms for State Street clients, in particular focusing on high availability for State Street Critical Business Services.
- Manage of strategic support service programs, inclusive of associated financial and business planning activities
- Working in partnership with teams across the State Street enterprise, within technology, operations and the business, participate with strategic planning and implement new processes and approaches to achieve them.
- Oversee the Application Reliability Operations teams for the following functional areas:
- Global Markets
- Investment Servicing and Global Delivery
- Middle Office
- Corporate Systems
- Horizontal Level 1 Support
- Manage the development, upgrade and implementation of technical service policies, internal controls, and standard operating procedures.
- Provide analytical insights alongside the senior management team, including development of service management reporting capabilities.
- Develop and direct the execution of support policies and operating model designs to support overall division objectives.
- Manage and direct regular budget activities and financial performance targets.
- Work in partnership with the Senior Technology and Business leaders to deliver strategic planning and new process implementation.
- Lead the performance management process that measures and evaluates progress against goals.
- Drive the SRE mindset into the ARO organization partnering with Engineering, Security, and infrastructure to build, deploy, maintain, support, and monitor a complex native and cloud-based application set
- Foster a culture of learning through education and knowledge sharing around reliability practices, processes, and tools
- Actively promote our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion goals throughout the organization
- Technical Bachelor's degree
- 20+ years of financial services experience with a large financial services firm or advisory/consulting firm
- Hands-on real world global support experience needed.
- Development and IT Asset Management experience is a plus.
- Applicable ITIL Certification and knowledge of SRE practices needed.
What we value
- Extensive proven IT leadership experience with a track record of managing the delivery of complex, multi-faceted technology initiatives to comply with regulatory requirements and significantly reduce risk.
- Ability to drive multiple application support teams at a corporate scale to to support over 600 applications that service the most critical business processes across State Street.
- Responsible for driving the integration of unsupported and non-standard areas into the global ARO team with the goal of developing and implementing standardized operating model, roles and responsibilities and a service catalogue across all teams.
- The role entails managing significant issues, including repairing long-term relationship challenges for existing clients and support our sales team in pre and post sales conversations with prospects, including Alpha.
- ITSM experience and a deep knowledge of Service Management is necessary along with ITIL 4 certification. Global role will be managing teams who will need to adapt and adhere to bank-wide Service policies as well as support the development of new procedures for
- Incident and crisis management
- Change Management
- Problem Management
- Knowledge Management
- Service Request Management
- Event Management
- Experience in delivering proven efficiency gains through automation and orchestration. Continual Service Improvement experience required in order to manage large scale programs. Service Now, CMDB experience needed in order to drive ticket, alert reduction efforts across regions and business lines.
- Experience with high availability, high volume, critical service is essential.
- Ability to establish and sustain effective, professional relationships with product and business managers; work closely with business partners in order to understand business drivers and market requirements.
- Broad-based support experience focused in a business facing role
- Excellent influencing skills and the ability to liaise with multiple stakeholders at all levels, both internally and externally.
- Candidate must be able to establish and sustain effective operational process and support practices that includes working with team members across multiple geographies.
- Good working knowledge of program and project management methodologies and the role of technology resources in support of those methodologies.
- Proven ability to mentor and provide guidance.
- Knowledge of cloud technologies such as AWS and Azure as well as driving strategy to support applications through the CI/CD process.
Are you the right candidate? Yes!
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to think and act in an inclusive manner, collaborative with the ability and experience working across countries and regions
- Strong written and verbal communications.
- Excellent stakeholder and client management
- Strong organizational and attention to details skills.
- Must be deadline oriented with the ability to provide technical expertise to resolve daily problems.
We truly believe in the power that comes from the diverse backgrounds and experiences our employees bring with them. Although each vacancy details what we are looking for, we don't necessarily need you to fulfil all of them when applying. If you like change and innovation, seek to see the bigger picture, make data driven decisions and are a good team player, you could be a great fit. Why this role is important to us
Our technology function, Global Technology Services (GTS), is vital to State Street and is the key enabler for our business to deliver data and insights to our clients. We're driving the company's digital transformation and expanding business capabilities using industry best practices and advanced technologies such as cloud, artificial intelligence and robotics process automation.
We offer a collaborative environment where technology skills and innovation are valued in a global organization. We're looking for top technical talent to join our team and deliver creative technology solutions that help us become an end-to-end, next-generation financial services company.
Join us if you want to grow your technical skills, solve real problems and make your mark on our industry. About State Street What we do.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.