Columbia Threadneedle Investments, the global asset management subsidiary of Ameriprise Financial, is seeking a Portfolio Management Assistant to join the firm in Boston, MA. This role provides operational and general analytical support to Portfolio Managers and investment teams, and is a liaison between the investment team and internal business partners. Responsibilities
- Responsible for providing general operational and analytical support to a team of investment professionals on our NA Asset Allocation and NA Solutions teams-The role will include setting up trades in trading platform and ensuring accuracy of the trades for individual accounts within the strategies supported. The role may also include conducting limited research projects.
- This position is also responsible for updating portfolio holdings and databases, monitoring portfolio performance, providing performance analytics and related work.
- The functional role is as a liaison between Investment Team and internal business partners.
- Candidates must have the ability to keep work prioritized for those that the position supports as well as for his/herself.
- Must be able to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret and follow a variety of instructions furnished in various forms is essential
- The position also requires the ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where detailed and complex rules and regulations exist.
- 1-3 years of relevant experience.
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field or equivalent work experience.
- High level of organization with the ability to multi-task and prioritize. Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong computer skills and aptitude for technology, including Microsoft office systems (excel, word, etc.) required. Experience with risk, attribution or order management systems a plus.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interface with multiple teams and individuals at various levels.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
About Our Company
- Previous experience with BlackRock Aladdin.
- Previous experience with derivatives.
- R, Python, or other data mining skills.
- Financial services industry experience preferred.
- Investment middle or back-office experience preferred.
- Basic level of understanding of the financial markets a plus.
- Experience working within an operational and compliance environment a plus.
Millions of people around the world rely on Columbia Threadneedle Investments to manage their money. We're intentionally built to help our clients succeed, backed by a global team of 2,000 people including more than 450 investment professionals sharing global perspectives across all major asset classes and markets. At Columbia Threadneedle, you'll find the promise we make to our clients is the same one we make to our employees: Your success is our priority. In addition to our competitive total rewards package, employees stay with us because of our culture and commitment to their development. And, backed by the strength of our parent company, Ameriprise Financial, we are committed to providing you with the tools, resources, recognition and rewards to help you shape the career you want.
Ameriprise Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, gender identity, disability, veteran status, marital status, family status or any other basis prohibited by law.