FNZ has an excellent opportunity for a Tax Specialist to join our Solution Consulting team who will take full responsibility for the tax solution design across our platform in the USA.
FNZ is a rapidly growing Global Fintech with over $1trn assets under administration, a presence in over 17 countries and a team of more than 4,000 employees. FNZ provides a comprehensive wealth management platform service to a range of institutional clients, such as banks, broker dealers, insurance companies, asset managers and wealth managers. Our technology platform helps them significantly improve their wealth management service and proposition whilst also reducing costs and increasing speed and reliability.
Solution Consulting is a dedicated and focused division within the FNZ Transformation and Change team, which provides technology platform consulting services to new and existing customers. This role within this team and will provide leadership and expertise in the following areas:
- US taxation regulations
- US financial regulatory rules and guidelines
- Regulation and advice on platform compliance
- Platform integration design
- Platform configuration and the FNZ's implementation methodology
- Development of bespoke customer requirements
- Platform proposition definition and enhancement
- Target Operating Model definition and enhancement
- Business transformation support and consultancy services
Specific Role Responsibilities
- Customer training programs and knowledge transfer
- Subject matter expert (SME) in US Tax regulations & US Financial regulations
- Have a sound knowledge of the regulatory environment in which the Solution Consultant operates and provide advice and guidance to customers in respect of delivering a compliant platform
- Be an expert in the FNZ Wealth solution and run the FNZ implementation & configuration process for new platforms
- Work with FNZ customers to help define proposition and product requirements.
- Provide market expertise as required. Be an SME in FNZ platform functionality and apply this understanding to help customers define propositions that best utilize or enhance FNZ core platform capabilities
- Have a full understanding of a platform Target Operating Model, including the interfaces between the technology platform and investment operations. Provide advice to customers regarding best practice operating model design
- Provide propositional leadership and support for the FNZ Solution Consulting function, building capability, and providing support for other members of the team. Instill a spirit of continuous improvement in the team
- Document bespoke customer requirements understanding the impact of these changes and design high-quality technology solutions to meet them
- Provide review and quality assurance of design documentation produced by the FNZ analyst team
- Provide ah-hoc consultancy services as required
5+ years of experience in a delivery/consulting environment in the US financial services/wealth market
Experience in Security Taxation and technology platform services, including, but not limited to:
- Tax lot methodology
- Trust accounting
- IRA and retirement taxation requirements
- Trust and non-profit tax returns
- NRA taxation
- Technology integration for automated annual tax filing
Experience in a consulting, analysis or architecture environment. Interest in technology solutions and technology delivery
An understanding of the US financial regulatory environment and a good working knowledge of the regulatory change requirements for a given year
General investment & wealth experience within the US market
Investment platform expertise Required Knowledge and Skills
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Able to evidence establishing an environment of continuous improvement and capability development
- Confident and able to take initiative in a client and delivery focused environment
- Independent, self-directing and delivery focused working style
- Superior analytical thinking
- Commercially aware
- Excellent organizational, administration and time management skills.
- Superior team communication skills, confident in dealing with internal and external clients
- Highly developed written and oral communication skills
FNZ is a global platform-as-a-service provider, transforming the way wealth is managed. FNZ partners with banks, broker dealers, insurance companies, asset managers & wealth managers, leveraging technology to enable wealth services that are digital, personalized, high-quality and low cost. FNZ is responsible for more than $1 trillion in assets under administration (AuA) in 16 international markets across UK, North America, Europe and Asia-Pacific, and employs over 4,000 people worldwide. What we offer
We offer a competitive total compensation package including base salary, health insurance, dental and vision benefits, a generous 401(k) match, and more.
At FNZ, we recognize that diversity, inclusion, and accessibility are important factors for our success. We embrace the unique perspective and capabilities of our current and future employees, which will help us continue to drive innovation and achieve our business goals. Recruitment decisions at FNZ are made in a non-discriminatory manner where all employees are valued and respected. In particular, we want to ensure accessibility needs are well supported thus, ensuring our recruitment process is fair and equitable for all applicants.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), please contact the Human Resources department if you have a disability and need reasonable accommodation with any part the application process.