At MFS, you will find a culture that supports you in doing what you do best. Our employees work together to reach better outcomes, favoring the strongest idea over the strongest individual. We put people first and demonstrate care and compassion for our community and each other. Because what we do matters - to us as valued professionals and to the millions of people and institutions who rely on us to help them build more secure and prosperous futures.What you will be responsible for: BASIC PURPOSE:
The Global Transition Team (GTT) seeks to streamline and enhance the onboarding life-cyle while at the same time aligning with corporate goals to provide a successful end to end client transition experience. Acting as a liaison between the Investment area, MFS Institutional, Operations, Compliance and Legal, the Client Transition Associate will gather client information and evaluate client needs, communicate throughout the transition and ensure that these needs are met in a timely, risk controlled and cost effective manner in accordance with internal business controls, MFS policies as well as industry best practices. All portfolio transitions including new client and or product, manager and benchmark changes as well as terminations will be approached in a centralized and dedicated manner.PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with MFSI Client Services and participate on client calls and client meetings in order to gather client transition related information including but not limited to: contractual requirements, flow expectations, timing, guidelines and all other items operational in nature;
- In conjunction with the Global Transition Manager, help to shape and define procedures to centralize the onboarding life-cycle.
- Coordinate internal approvals related to the new/existing Client and Transition Profile plan, ensuring all transition related functions are completed and signed off on in accordance with SSAE 16 and internal control standards;.
- Ensure all appropriate documentation regarding Client transition is registered in internal application DIVA;
- Work with the Investment area to prepare portfolio models in accordance with pre established timelines and distribute to internal and external parties to ensure proper review and execution consistent with client expectations;
- Ensure the ongoing review, update and maintenance of the contractual provisions application in DIVA, including the review of Institutional Client IMAs and special processing requirements
- Write, maintain and implement procedures to ensure the integrity of the transition management function, client data and the consistency of implementation;
- Provides support to client areas for resolving problems in the new account set up process.
- Assumes additional responsibilities as requested.
- 6+ years of investment operations; the ideal candidate will have some transition management experience;
- Demonstrated leadership and influencing skills;
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Sound judgment regarding escalation practices as well as excellent interpersonal skills and written communication skills
- Complete understanding of different security types and derivative instruments (Equity and Fixed Income);
- Ability to work in fast paced, high pressure environment.
- Strong computer skills; Excel spreadsheet knowledge required.
#LI-HYBRIDWhat we offer:
- Generous time-off provided: including "Responsible time off" for many roles, paid company holidays when the US Stock Exchange is closed, plus paid volunteer time
- Family Focus: Up to 20 weeks of paid leave for new parents, back-up care program, dependent care flexible spending account, adoption assistance, generous caregiver leave
- Health and Welfare: Competitive medical, vision and dental plans, plus tax-free health savings accounts with company contributions
- Wellness Programs: Robust wellness webinars, employee assistance program, gym reimbursement through our medical plans, fitness center discounts and more
- Life & Disability Benefits: Company-paid basic life insurance and short-term disability
- Financial Benefits: 401(k) savings plan, Defined Contribution plan- 15% of base salary invested into the Plan, competitive total compensation programs
MFS is a hybrid work environment
(remote/onsite) unless otherwise stated in the job posting .
This position will require individuals to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19
as part of their job responsibilities, unless MFS approves an exemption as an accommodation due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief. Submission of an exemption request does not guarantee that an exemption will be approved or that the request can be accommodated.
If any applicant is unable to complete an application or respond to a job opening because of a disability, please contact MFS at 617-954-5000 or email email@example.com for assistance.
MFS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
and it is our policy to not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws. Employees and applicants of MFS will not be subject to harassment on the basis of their status. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited. Please see the EEO is the Law document and Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision , linked for your reference.