Are you interested in starting a meaningful career that allows you to make an impact? If you're excited by the opportunity to work in a collaborative role where you will build your knowledge of the financial services industry, then launch your career as a National Advisor Consultant.
As a National Advisor Consultant, promote Columbia Management products through the extensive sales network of Ameriprise Financial Advisors, banks, broker dealers, wire houses and independents via inbound calls. To be most successful in this role, you will be personable, detail-oriented and eager to learn.
Our current National Advisor Consultants like this role because it allows them to build their skill sets, work in a collaborative, team-based environment where they engage with clients and colleagues, and have meaningful career path optionality.
Why you'll like this role
- Opportunity to deepen knowledge of financial services industry
- Collaborative, team-based environment where you will engage with clients and colleagues throughout the day
- Access to one-of-a-kind sales training to enhance skill set
- Career path optionality - While many individuals move up through sales team, others move on to other departments like product, marketing and investments
- Boston-based position with hybrid working environment; weekly schedule includes a mix of in-office and remote work Responsibilities
- Provides continuous inbound marketing support, sales assistance and follow-up to brokers/producers and wholesalers to maintain a high level of service to priority broker/dealers.
- Maintains and expands existing fund business with current producers by encouraging repeat sales and cross-selling other products.
- Generates producer prospect referrals from existing fund producers for wholesalers and inside wholesalers.
- Maintains effective and ongoing communication with inside wholesaler, internal marketing staff and other departments.
- Solicits feedback from managers, sales desk, and wholesalers.
- Takes and inputs literature orders.
- Maintains management software.
- Assumes additional responsibilities as requested.
About Our Company
- Bachelors degree or equivalent.
- Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Series 7, state securities agent registration (S63 or S66) and state IAR registration (S65 or S66) or the ability to obtain within a defined period of time.
Millions of people around the world rely on Columbia Threadneedle Investments to manage their money. We're intentionally built to help our clients succeed, backed by a global team of 2,000 people including more than 450 investment professionals sharing global perspectives across all major asset classes and markets. At Columbia Threadneedle, you'll find the promise we make to our clients is the same one we make to our employees: Your success is our priority. In addition to our competitive total rewards package, employees stay with us because of our culture and commitment to their development. And, backed by the strength of our parent company, Ameriprise Financial, we are committed to providing you with the tools, resources, recognition and rewards to help you shape the career you want.
Ameriprise Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, gender identity, disability, veteran status, marital status, family status or any other basis prohibited by law.