At MFS, you will find a culture that supports you in doing what you do best. Our employees work together to reach better outcomes, favoring the strongest idea over the strongest individual. We put people first and demonstrate care and compassion for our community and each other. Because what we do matters - to us as valued professionals and to the millions of people and institutions who rely on us to help them build more secure and prosperous futures. What you will be responsible for:
Under the general guidance of the Audit Manager, the Senior Auditor will be responsible for the development and execution of operational controls testing in accordance with MFS' internal audit plan. The Senior Auditor will be responsible for conducting all work in accordance with MFS' Internal Audit Standards, and the Institute of Internal Audit standards and practices. This responsibility includes audit planning, developing internal audit scope and objectives, performing internal audit procedures, and preparing internal audit reports that reflect the results of the work performed. Additionally, the Senior Auditor performs follow-up on the status of outstanding internal audit issues. Principal Responsibilities
- Conduct operational and integrated audits, including scoping, planning, walkthroughs, testing and status reporting.
- Evaluate the adequacy of internal control and processes through detailed testing.
- Develop audit findings and recommend value-added revisions to operations and procedures.
- Communicate audit findings to management in well-written audit reports.
- Manage follow-up on open audit issues and facilitate agreement with business process owners to ensure timely closure of action plans.
- Undergraduate degree in business, accounting, finance or related field with 3+ years of internal audit, risk management, or public accounting experience.
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or other applicable professional designation is preferred.
- Prior investment management industry experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of COSO, risk assessment practices, and Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) Standards and Practice Advisories is preferable.
- Ability to work independently, with limited direction and guidance.
- Ability to interact well with internal and external parties.
- Strong project management, analytical and organizational skills, including the ability to complete projects and reports within communicated deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Understanding of internal control concepts and experience in applying them to plan, perform, manage, and report on the evaluation of various business processes/areas/functions.
- Experience with TeamMate, and data analytics tools, such as ACL and/or Excel formulas, pivot tables and macros is preferable.
At MFS, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace. If you are excited about this role but your past experience doesn't align perfectly, we encourage you to apply - you might be just the right candidate for this role or others. What we offer:
- Generous time-off provided: including "Responsible time off" for many roles, paid company holidays when the US Stock Exchange is closed, plus paid volunteer time
- Family Focus: Up to 20 weeks of paid leave for new parents, back-up care program, dependent care flexible spending account, adoption assistance, generous caregiver leave
- Health and Welfare: Competitive medical, vision and dental plans, plus tax-free health savings accounts with company contributions
- Wellness Programs: Robust wellness webinars, employee assistance program, gym reimbursement through our medical plans, fitness center discounts and more
- Life & Disability Benefits: Company-paid basic life insurance and short-term disability
- Financial Benefits: 401(k) savings plan, Defined Contribution plan- 15% of base salary invested into the Plan, competitive total compensation programs
MFS is a hybrid work environment
(remote/onsite) unless otherwise stated in the job posting .
This position will require individuals to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19
as part of their job responsibilities, unless MFS approves an exemption as an accommodation due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief. Submission of an exemption request does not guarantee that an exemption will be approved or that the request can be accommodated.
If any applicant is unable to complete an application or respond to a job opening because of a disability, please contact MFS at 617-954-5000 or email email@example.com for assistance.
MFS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
and it is our policy to not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws. Employees and applicants of MFS will not be subject to harassment on the basis of their status. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited. Please see the Know Your Rights: Workplace Discrimination is Illegal document and Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision , linked for your reference.