At MFS, you will find a culture that supports you in doing what you do best. Our employees work together to reach better outcomes, favoring the strongest idea over the strongest individual. We put people first and demonstrate care and compassion for our community and each other. Because what we do matters - to us as valued professionals and to the millions of people and institutions who rely on us to help them build more secure and prosperous futures.What you will be responsible for:
We value our talented employees, and whenever possible strive to help our associates grow professionally before recruiting new talent to our open positions. If you think the open position you see is right for you, we encourage you to apply!
Our people make all the difference in our success.Job Description
As a Salesforce Business Systems Architect, you are a leader across the Salesforce teams. You are responsible for ensuring that solutions take full advantage of the capabilities of the Salesforce platform and adhere to best practices. You will partner with Product Owners to understand the business strategic vision and work with Scrum Masters and Agile teams to ensure the business strategy is understood and achieved through the implemented solution. You will partner with Developer Architects to achieve the objectives of this role. You will work closely with the Salesforce vendor to determine appropriate solutions and understand new capabilities. This role combines a high level of Salesforce product expertise with the ability to understand and communicate business requirements and strategy and build strong relationships with others to achieve success.Responsibilities
- Provides leadership across Salesforce Scrum teams to ensure that solutions take advantage of Salesforce platform capabilities and best practices. Attend Scrum ceremonies as needed. Complete stories as needed. Perform analysis of business activities to determine business requirements as needed. Write high level test plans and manual test cases as needed.
- Translate business needs into development stories and functionality release plans
- Partner with Product Owners to understand the business strategic vision and work with Scrum Masters and Agile teams to ensure business strategy is understood and achieved through the implemented solution.
- Partner with Development Architects, Enterprise Architects and Data Architects as needed to determine the appropriate architecture for achieving business needs and executing the strategic vision.
- Act as a liaison between business stakeholders and the technology organization to ensure proper implementation of technology solutions to achieve business needs. Serve as a primary point of contact and liaison for key business stakeholders to work with the Agile teams.
- Work closely with Salesforce and other vendors to understand technology capabilities. Serve as a subject matter expert for development team members, business stakeholders, and outside consultants to determine feasibility of proposed solutions.
- Work closely with business stakeholders, process engineers, UI/UX, and the development team to understand user needs and model the future state business process workflow and user experience
- Identify technology solution strengths and weaknesses and suggest areas of improvement to reduce risk, more effectively leverage existing technologies, reduce costs, and provide an excellent overall experience for our clients.
- Represent the technology department at meetings where direction for Salesforce product initiatives is discussed and decided
- Partner with the Development teams and Application Support team to ensure solutions are well executed and supported.
- Attend Salesforce and other vendor conferences as needed. Continually invest in self-education and training on the Salesforce platform.
- Follow the MFS Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC), ensuring that all steps of the process are followed prior to releasing any code.
- Mentor and coach less experienced team members.
- Master's degree or equivalent experience in a business or computer related field.
- Minimum of eight years' experience performing systems support and analysis in the financial services or technology industry.
- Strong analytical skills with an understanding of how to interpret business needs and translate into technology and operational requirements
- Proven ability to leverage resources and communicate with others both verbally and in writing. Strong ability to synthesize information. Ability to demo technology solutions and effectively tailor explanations to wide range of audiences
- Proven analytical skills and demonstrated ability to make independent decisions.
- Proven ability to develop creative solutions to meet business needs.
- Experience with challenging the current thought process and status quo regardless of the audience
- Experience presenting to technical and non-technical audiences. Experience in presenting to different levels of management.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently & prioritize multiple objectives in a rapidly changing environment, and ensure delivery of quality product
- Expertise in working with large data sets, data models, and data analysis. Proficiency with SQL is preferred.
- Current Saleforce.com Admin 201 or advanced certifications is preferred
- Sales Cloud or Service Cloud Consultant certification is preferred
- Experience Cloud preferred
#LI-HYBRIDWhat we offer:
- Generous time-off provided: including "Responsible time off" for many roles, paid company holidays when the US Stock Exchange is closed, plus paid volunteer time
- Family Focus: Up to 20 weeks of paid leave for new parents, back-up care program, dependent care flexible spending account, adoption assistance, generous caregiver leave
- Health and Welfare: Competitive medical, vision and dental plans, plus tax-free health savings accounts with company contributions
- Wellness Programs: Robust wellness webinars, employee assistance program, gym reimbursement through our medical plans, fitness center discounts and more
- Life & Disability Benefits: Company-paid basic life insurance and short-term disability
- Financial Benefits: 401(k) savings plan, Defined Contribution plan- 15% of base salary invested into the Plan, competitive total compensation programs
MFS is a hybrid work environment
(remote/onsite) unless otherwise stated in the job posting .
This position will require individuals to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19
as part of their job responsibilities, unless MFS approves an exemption as an accommodation due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief. Submission of an exemption request does not guarantee that an exemption will be approved or that the request can be accommodated.
If any applicant is unable to complete an application or respond to a job opening because of a disability, please contact MFS at 617-954-5000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
MFS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
and it is our policy to not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws. Employees and applicants of MFS will not be subject to harassment on the basis of their status. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited. Please see the EEO is the Law document and Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision , linked for your reference.