At MFS, you will find a culture that supports you in doing what you do best. Our employees work together to reach better outcomes, favoring the strongest idea over the strongest individual. We put people first and demonstrate care and compassion for our community and each other. Because what we do matters - to us as valued professionals and to the millions of people and institutions who rely on us to help them build more secure and prosperous futures.What you will be responsible for: BASIC PURPOSE :
Working as part of the global research team, develop investment recommendations within securitized products for fixed income portfolios managed by MFS. The analyst will primarily focus on Non-agency RMBs investments, CRTs, with potential for additional coverage responsibilities including BSL CLOs,. PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Conduct independent research to develop investment recommendations for the fixed income portfolios managed by MFS.
- Using research sources such as company literature, third party systems, and internal models, works independently to structure, develop and communicate investment recommendations.
- Maintain and develop analytic models pertaining to creditworthiness and bond valuations for relevant areas of coverage.
- Acts as the in-house expert for designated areas of concentration.
- Ability to overlay quantitative and fundamental frameworks when constructing an investment recommendation.
- Performs additional duties as directed.
- Masters of Business Administration and/or CFA charterholder preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of experience as an analyst in the securitized market with a non-agency RMBS background preferred.
- Proficiency in Excel, Intex, and Bloomberg.
- Ability to work independently, using research, analysis, and communication skills.
- Experience working in a diverse and collaborative team environment.
#LI-HYBRIDWhat we offer:
- Generous time-off provided: including "Responsible time off" for many roles, paid company holidays when the US Stock Exchange is closed, plus paid volunteer time
- Family Focus: Up to 20 weeks of paid leave for new parents, back-up care program, dependent care flexible spending account, adoption assistance, generous caregiver leave
- Health and Welfare: Competitive medical, vision and dental plans, plus tax-free health savings accounts with company contributions
- Wellness Programs: Robust wellness webinars, employee assistance program, gym reimbursement through our medical plans, fitness center discounts and more
- Life & Disability Benefits: Company-paid basic life insurance and short-term disability
- Financial Benefits: 401(k) savings plan, Defined Contribution plan- 15% of base salary invested into the Plan, competitive total compensation programs
MFS is a hybrid work environment
(remote/onsite) unless otherwise stated in the job posting .
This position will require individuals to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19
as part of their job responsibilities, unless MFS approves an exemption as an accommodation due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief. Submission of an exemption request does not guarantee that an exemption will be approved or that the request can be accommodated.
If any applicant is unable to complete an application or respond to a job opening because of a disability, please contact MFS at 617-954-5000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
MFS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
and it is our policy to not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws. Employees and applicants of MFS will not be subject to harassment on the basis of their status. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited. Please see the EEO is the Law document and Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision , linked for your reference.