At MFS, you will find a culture that supports you in doing what you do best. Our employees work together to reach better outcomes, favoring the strongest idea over the strongest individual. We put people first and demonstrate care and compassion for our community and each other. Because what we do matters - to us as valued professionals and to the millions of people and institutions who rely on us to help them build more secure and prosperous futures.What you will be responsible for: PURPOSE:
Using discretion and judgment, assist the department head with the development and implementation of vendor application strategies. Design and implement solutions to support business priorities, meet business goals and enhance efficiencies of internal and external applications and workflows. Support the business unit in the usage of vendor suite of products and third party vendor services. Support includes but is not limited to conducting user training, assisting in preparing user training materials, developing application documentation, performing business problem error analysis and problem resolution. Assignments may include data gathering and reporting, communication coordination to business units on product, process, and project enhancement status. Assist department head in managing third party vendor relationships and programming prioritization. PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with business unit to review services and applications provided by vendor and third-party suppliers. Assist department head in the development of business strategies tailored to meet organizational objectives. Coordinate ongoing meetings to discuss customer groups' data needs and workflows. Provide assistance in setting priorities and identifying appropriate resources. Promote the customer first service orientation through internal and external communication.
- Evaluate end user application and data requirements. Oversee process for reviewing and evaluating all end-user requests for enhancements. Research appropriateness and prepare and/or assist in the preparation of cost analysis documentation and proposals to meet business goals and objectives.
- Meet with clients, business units, technology team and third party vendors to establish a mutually acceptable process for keeping abreast of current technology projects, issues and problems. Follow established process for prioritizing end user requests.
- Examine client department workflow and recommend ways to increase efficiency using technology. Ensure that clients receive appropriate levels of service. Evaluate and measure specific results, such as cost savings and improved efficiency.
- Investigate and ensure accurate and complete use of third party software products. Select and work with outside consultants when appropriate.
- Design and prepare business requirements to automate solutions to business problems.
- Coordinate and execute assigned production processes.
- Serve as departmental project lead for medium projects and assist large medium scale projects. Prepare and review project documentation including design, project tracking and implementation. Organize, coordinate and perform user testing, user documentation, and acceptance.
- Provide statistical reporting as required.
- Assume additional responsibilities as requested.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in a business or project management.
- Minimum five years' experience with vendor suite of products and applications.
- Ability to take initiative to communicate with others both orally and in writing.
- Proven analytical skills and demonstrated ability to make independent decisions and develop creative solutions to meet business needs.
- Familiarity with application development life cycles, project management, and product rollout.
- Proven ability to multi task and meet stated deliverable deadlines.
- Experience using Microsoft Excel, Word, and Access.
#LI-HYBRIDWhat we offer:
- Generous time-off provided: including "Responsible time off" for many roles, paid company holidays when the US Stock Exchange is closed, plus paid volunteer time
- Family Focus: Up to 20 weeks of paid leave for new parents, back-up care program, dependent care flexible spending account, adoption assistance, generous caregiver leave
- Health and Welfare: Competitive medical, vision and dental plans, plus tax-free health savings accounts with company contributions
- Wellness Programs: Robust wellness webinars, employee assistance program, gym reimbursement through our medical plans, fitness center discounts and more
- Life & Disability Benefits: Company-paid basic life insurance and short-term disability
- Financial Benefits: 401(k) savings plan, Defined Contribution plan- 15% of base salary invested into the Plan, competitive total compensation programs
MFS is a hybrid work environment
(remote/onsite) unless otherwise stated in the job posting .
This position will require individuals to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19
as part of their job responsibilities, unless MFS approves an exemption as an accommodation due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief. Submission of an exemption request does not guarantee that an exemption will be approved or that the request can be accommodated.
If any applicant is unable to complete an application or respond to a job opening because of a disability, please contact MFS at 617-954-5000 or email email@example.com for assistance.
MFS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
and it is our policy to not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws. Employees and applicants of MFS will not be subject to harassment on the basis of their status. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited. Please see the EEO is the Law document and Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision , linked for your reference.