At MFS, you will find a culture that supports you in doing what you do best. Our employees work together to reach better outcomes, favoring the strongest idea over the strongest individual. We put people first and demonstrate care and compassion for our community and each other. Because what we do matters - to us as valued professionals and to the millions of people and institutions who rely on us to help them build more secure and prosperous futures.What you will be responsible for:
The Investment Solutions Group (ISG) is responsible for investment thought leadership and client consulting projects across all channels and regions.
Thought leadership is generated within ISG by working with our investment teams globally to bring the best thinking from across the firm to our distribution teams and clients. ISG subject matter experts specialize in Capital Markets, Equities, Fixed Income, Multi Asset, Retirement and Sustainability issues and are responsible for publishing and communicating our thought leadership to distribution teams and directly to clients.
The Capital Markets team is part of the Investment Solutions Group that conducts research, develops MFS's views and delivers thought leadership. The senior analyst on the Capital Markets team is focused on thought leadership and research across macro-economic and capital markets topics including market expectations, capital markets views and thematic market perspectives. The senior analyst will take direct responsibility for managing specific areas of research and analysis and be accountable for the delivery and quality of the work produced. The senior analyst will play a crucial role in working with other subject matter experts within the Investment Solutions and investment teams (Equity, Fixed Income and Quantitative Solutions) to write and publish MFS's thoughts via client ready presentations, white papers, web posts, conference presentations and r esponses to client inquiries. The senior analyst will also be required to engage with internal teams to communicate our views and perspectives across the macro and market environment on both a formal and ad-hoc basis.Principal Responsibilities:
- Take responsibility for the successful delivery of the ongoing thought leadership programs and research agenda related to capital markets, with a specialization on equities. This includes the analysis of regional equity markets, sector/industry developments and market specific characteristics.
- Work in close coordination with other analysts and writers on the Investment Solutions team to create, maintain and update capital market related presentations, whitepapers and short form papers.
- Act as the primary analytical resource for quarterly slides and exhibits for the Institutional Portfolio Management team to use in client engagements and webcasts.
- Develop and maintain complex investment related data sets and models using Excel, FactSet, BarraOne and other investment related software programs. This includes the ability to assist in the development of new methodologies and techniques.
- In conjunction with the team, research market related client inquiries by collecting and analyzing relevant data sets and investment information and formulating conclusions and recommendations. Leveraging problem - solving techniques and critical thinking to draw conclusions and develop client-ready responses. Develop an understanding of all relevant issues related to client investment decisions including governance, investment policy and implementation issues. Assist other teams within the Investment Solutions Group to perform additional duties as requested, including client projects related to asset allocation, portfolio construction and risk budgeting.
- Bachelor's degree required; CFA, MBA or other Masters' degree strongly preferred.
- Minimum 5 + years' experience in a relevant field .
- Demonstrate a strong interest in technical subject matter related to macroeconomics, global capital markets and cross asset class relationships.
- Ability to perform complex quantitative analysis and learn new quantitative tools and techniques. Excellent Excel skills including the ability to design and develop quantitative models using macros and databases.
- Demonstrate excellent critical thinking and analytical skills, with the ability to distill complex topics into simple and actionable messages required. This includes the ability to articulate and communicate methodologies and findings.
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of quantitative tools and techniques, with the ability to perform quantitative analysis required. Demonstrate a comfort level with technical subject matter related to all asset classes and global capital markets. Experience of the following tools is strongly preferred: Factset, Optimization software, BARRA, Bloomberg, Morningstar.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required and some presentation experience required. Ability and willingness to create presentations, complex spreadsheet and discussion guides efficiently is required.
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently as a member of a team comprised of highly qualified and technically oriented investment experts.
#LI-HYBRIDWhat we offer:
- Generous time-off provided: including "Responsible time off" for many roles, paid company holidays when the US Stock Exchange is closed, plus paid volunteer time
- Family Focus: Up to 20 weeks of paid leave for new parents, back-up care program, dependent care flexible spending account, adoption assistance, generous caregiver leave
- Health and Welfare: Competitive medical, vision and dental plans, plus tax-free health savings accounts with company contributions
- Wellness Programs: Robust wellness webinars, employee assistance program, gym reimbursement through our medical plans, fitness center discounts and more
- Life & Disability Benefits: Company-paid basic life insurance and short-term disability
- Financial Benefits: 401(k) savings plan, Defined Contribution plan- 15% of base salary invested into the Plan, competitive total compensation programs
MFS is a hybrid work environment
(remote/onsite) unless otherwise stated in the job posting .
This position will require individuals to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19
as part of their job responsibilities, unless MFS approves an exemption as an accommodation due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief. Submission of an exemption request does not guarantee that an exemption will be approved or that the request can be accommodated.
If any applicant is unable to complete an application or respond to a job opening because of a disability, please contact MFS at 617-954-5000 or email email@example.com for assistance.
MFS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
and it is our policy to not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws. Employees and applicants of MFS will not be subject to harassment on the basis of their status. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited. Please see the EEO is the Law document and Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision , linked for your reference.