Investment Communications Manager
This position is based in Boston, MA
To apply, send a resume, writing sample, and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Eventide is a growing, mission-driven company looking to attract people who are eager to serve others and the global common good. Eventide employees work hard for the sake of others—our clients, our colleagues, and our world. We’re striving to make the world rejoice by intentionally investing in great businesses.
At Eventide, we understand that the financial markets have a profound impact on our lives and the lives of our neighbors. Therefore, we are intentional about investing in a way that builds healthy markets and a healthy economy, resulting in healthy long-term profits for our investors. We believe this approach to investing is in line with building a successful investment portfolio.
Eventide is seeking to hire an Investment Communications Manager to join our team and help to graciously communicate this understanding both concretely and abstractly. This role will play a critical role in creating varieties of content to reach Eventide’s audiences. In order to successfully execute these duties, the ideal candidate for this role will be aligned with Eventide’s philosophy and approach to investing.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Generating ideas for and writing research papers explaining investment concepts
- Actively engaging with the investment team to stay current on portfolio strategies and holdings and creating content to communicate portfolio activity to Eventide’s audience
- Drafting, modifying, and reviewing quarterly reporting documents including annual/semi-annual reports, fact sheets, commentaries, and fund presentations
- Drafting, modifying, and reviewing investment marketing content such as product profiles, case studies, fund overviews, macro digest
- Developing new content to explain Eventide’s investments and their impact
- Potential to host webinars alongside PMs and analysts to communicate strategy and performance of Eventide portfolios Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree required; CFAâ or similar industry designation preferred
- 10 years+ experience in investment management, including written investment communication
- Knowledge of and interest in values-based investing space required; including understanding of the responsible and sustainable investing landscape, including and especially Christian faith-based approaches and nuances
- Deep understanding of financial markets and the investment industry including:
- How various financial instruments work (mutual funds/ETFs etc.)
- How companies are analyzed, both quantitative and qualitative approaches
- Familiarity with the history of and important institutions within the industry such as John Bogle, Larry Fink, Fidelity, Morningstar etc.
- Methods of evaluating fund performance including volatility metrics, peer comparisons, etc.
- Familiarity with portfolio construction and relevant theories including but not limited to, modern portfolio theory or post-modern portfolio theory, endowment model, etc.
- Capacity to leverage tools and data to explain concepts and ideas, including but not limited to Bloomberg and Morningstar
- Capacity to understand Eventide’s portfolios and various ways to use data to explain both beta and alpha factors of performance
- Ability or aptitude to learn how to create data visualizations and infographics to display and communicate important investment concepts and ideas
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to combine storytelling and data representation and effectively reach Eventide-specific audiences through multiple channels
- Proficient skills in PowerPoint and Excel; basic creative design skills are a plus
- Demonstration of the core values of Eventide in execution of duties
- Ability to work within compliance of Eventide’s Code of Ethics
- Passion for and commitment to Eventide’s mission and investment philosophy
NOTE: This job is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.