General Position Description:
The Senior Investment Analyst/Junior Analyst, under the supervision of the Deputy CIO, will work alongside the senior investment team to assist with the management of the endowment portfolio for the Milton Hershey School, M.S. Hershey Foundation, and Hershey Cemetery Trusts. Principal Accountabilities include:
- Assist with due diligence on new and existing investment strategies across the portfolio (public and private markets)
- Analyze and monitor portfolio performance attribution and risk metrics in alignment with investment policies and guidelines.
- Complete returns attribution analysis for public managers and financial statement/quarterly report analysis for private market managers with the ability to summarize findings.
- Participate in meetings with external investment managers, consultants and third-party service providers and create summary notes for senior investment staff.
- Assist senior investment staff with reviewing business terms within investment management agreements and other various legal documents.
- Assist with ongoing portfolio monitoring via monthly analytics reporting, and investment meeting reviews.
- Prepare required documentation for trades and follow-up to any questions pertaining to trades including obtaining and gathering additional supporting documentation and information.
- Prepare, edit, organize, analyze, and review material for senior investment staff and Board meetings, presentations, and inquiries on a range of subjects from internal matters to educational or broad investment areas of interest.
- Assist with the development and review of the investment policy statement, asset allocation and rebalancing, benchmarks, risk management and portfolio structure
Knowledge, Abilities, and Skills:
- Strong quantitative and qualitative research abilities.
- Strong verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills
- Advanced proficiency to manage financial databases such as Bloomberg, analytical software (Microsoft products particularly Excel), custodian and investment manager contract issues, etc.
- Unquestioned personal and professional integrity, ethics and reputation with a high level of emotional intelligence, cultural sensitivity and flexibility as well as a strong commitment to excellence and service.
- Must be motivated by and value the important mission of Milton Hershey School and M.S. Hershey Foundation; and contribute to the success of their missions.
- Ability to prioritize timelines to ensure deadlines are met without sacrificing quality and accuracy.
- Works well in a team setting and is self-motivated to achieve goals and actively supports broader portfolio and Trust Company goals and initiatives.
Education and Experience
- Strong academic credentials and base of knowledge typically acquired through a Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Economics or Accounting required.
- One to four years of investment management experience in an institutional setting such as an endowment / foundation, pension plan, consultant, or asset management firm is preferred.
- Progress toward/willingness to pursue CFA designation, CAIA or other relevant certification strongly preferred.