This position will be primarily responsible for research and analysis of the Consumer sectors for the Mid Cap Growth Equity Team with AUM of approximately $2 billion and an attractive long term track record as well as backup in various sectors for the mid-cap team. As part of the larger Equity team ($40 billion in assets) provide information and analysis as needed to other strategies. Our investment strategies have a long term orientation and quality focus.
- Provide equity analysis on consumer and related sectors and industries for the & Mid Cap Growth team and other equity teams.
- Requires knowledge of sector and industry trends and fundamentals as well as knowledge of individual companies.
- Model company financials and apply applicable valuation metrics.
- Work closely as part of the Mid Cap Growth team to recommend position changes within strategy under strategy guidelines and investment process
- Provide analytical and other support to investment team members
- Provide input in response to Relationship Manager requests.
- Write rationales for purchases and sales and post on portal.
- Ability to work as part of a team and take instruction from team members.
- Ability to work independently and exercise sound judgment.
- Ability to solve problems, prioritize work, provide sound advice, and meet deadlines in a sometimes-demanding work environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and detail orientation.
- Open-minded, flexible, and willing to listen to other people’s opinions.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to effectively communicate in person and over the phone with a variety of individuals at a variety of levels.
Knowledge & Skills:
- A Bachelor’s Degree is required.
- 5 years of experience in the equity field, specifically in consumer related areas.
- Strong handle on companies, competitive issues, and factors affecting company performance.
- Team player than can join us in the growth of our research team to deliver outstanding performance to our clients.
- CFA preferred.
Risk and Compliance:
Our CIBC risk culture is based on employees striving to exceed the expectations of ourselves and our leadership’s identification and mitigation of risks in their daily responsibilities, not just in quarterly or annual monitoring/assessments. We all are accountable for managing risk.
As an employee of CIBC the incumbent must conduct themselves (and foster an environment for others) in a manner consistent with our strong risk culture. This includes:
- Following all aspects of the CIBC Code of Conduct, as well as all applicable CIBC policies, frameworks, guidelines, processes and controls
- At all times acting in accordance with our Purpose and shared values, to achieve our Bank’s strategic goals
- Understanding and following the qualitative and quantitative components of our Risk Appetite Statements
- Completing all annual Corporate Mandatory Training and Testing modules, as well as any additional business-specific modules, as required and employing the learnings in daily activities and undertakings
- Escalating matters through one of the appropriate channels identified in the CIBC Code of Conduct (i.e., HR, management, Ethics Hotline, Whistleblower, etc.) upon observing activities that may be inconsistent with CIBC’s policies, frameworks, guidelines, processes and controls
- Speaking up if witnessing behaviors that drive poor or unfair outcomes for clients, team members or other stakeholders
- Escalating matters that can result in adverse market practices and outcomes, thereby negatively impacting CIBC’s reputation as a leading financial institution
More searches like this
- Banking Private Wealth Management Firm Full Time Bachelors jobs
- Equities Research: Buy Side Private Wealth Management Firm Full Time Bachelors jobs
- Equities Research: Sell Side Private Wealth Management Firm Full Time Bachelors jobs
- Wealth Management Private Wealth Management Firm Full Time Bachelors jobs