Who we are looking for
The State Street Global Privacy Office is looking for a talented Privacy Engineer to become an integral part of our global privacy compliance team. Demonstrated experience implementing Privacy by Design (PbD) practices, as well as general knowledge of privacy compliance, data protection, risk, and/or audit disciplines is required. This role will work independently and collaboratively with privacy leadership and business stakeholders to perform a variety of privacy management activities, deliver pragmatic advice, and assist in maintaining the privacy program. Remote work arrangements are considered.
This role can be performed in a hybrid model, where you can balance work from home and office to match your needs and role requirements.
We are accepting applicants willing to work in hybrid model in Massachusetts, but we will also consider this role to be performed remotely from C alifornia, M issouri, Florida, New Jersey, Pennsylvania or Texas. Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining plays an important role in the overall success of the organization. Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. To make that happen we need teams like yours to help navigate employees and the organization as a whole. In your role you will strive for cutting-edge solutions, that are straightforward and scalable. You will help us build resilience and execute day to day deliverables at our best. Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for
As a Privacy Engineer, Vice President you will
What we value
- Work cross-functionally with key stakeholders in product development, information technology, legal, cyber security, and enterprise risk to embed Privacy by Design (PbD)-focused solutions.
- Conduct Data Protection Impact Assessments (DPIAs) in accordance with Article 35 of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- Work with Global Privacy Office colleagues to further develop and operationalize State Street's global privacy program in compliance with global regulatory requirements, including, but not limited to the GDPR, Data Protection Act of 2018, California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), and Brazil's General Law for the Protection of Personal Data (LGPD).
- Assist in maintaining and reporting on the firm's Record of Processing Activities.
- Support Data Governance and Data Loss Prevention efforts.
- Assess third parties to understand services provided, personal data processed and residual privacy risk.
- Draft assessment memos, guidance notes, processes, procedures, and training materials, as necessary.
- Maintain detailed metrics and report on the effectiveness of privacy operations.
These skills will help you succeed in this role
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to interact effectively and cross-functionally with stakeholders at all levels
- Ability to manage complexity, to effectively prioritize multiple projects, and work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Outstanding analytical skills and attention to detail coupled with the ability to think strategically
Are you the right candidate? Yes!
- Bachelor's degree in information systems, finance, or accounting
- 6+ years of privacy, audit or risk experience
- Understanding of global data privacy regulations, including the GDPR
- Experience working cross-functionally on enterprise-wide programs
- Experience working with remote / geographically dispersed teams
- CIPT, CDPSE, CISA, or other relevant privacy / IT audit certifications preferred
- English proficiency required
We truly believe in the power that comes from the diverse backgrounds and experiences our employees bring with them. Although each vacancy details what we are looking for, we don't necessarily need you to fulfil all of them when applying. If you like change and innovation, seek to see the bigger picture, make data driven decisions and are a good team player, you could be a great fit. About State Street What we do.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers