Who we are looking for
Corporate Advisory Services is responsible for providing consultative services to State Street's businesses regarding mergers and acquisitions related activities (M&A) including potential acquisitions, divestitures, joint ventures and equity investments to enhance established company capabilities and shareholder value. The team works regularly with State Street's senior management and business unit leaders across the globe thereby providing members with unparalleled visibility and exposure to senior management.
This role supports the execution of projects using quantitative and qualitative analyses such as strategic evaluation, financial modeling, detailed valuation, capital analysis and target due diligence. The position affords the candidate with an opportunity to make a difference and lasting impact on State Street's overall success while working within a dynamic, collaborative and high-performing team executing challenging work. The small team size and high level of activity requires the candidate to take on significant project responsibilities from initiation to close. Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining plays an important role in the overall success of the organization. Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. To make that happen we need teams like yours to help navigate employees and the organization as a whole. In your role you will strive for cutting-edge solutions, that are straightforward and scalable. You will help us build resilience and execute day to day deliverables at our best. Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for
As AVP in Corporate Advisory Services you will
What we value
- Analyze potential M&A transactions, strategic initiatives and ad hoc projects to support senior leadership in making key decisions
- Construct detailed financial models and valuation analysis (valuation and M&A modeling) including assessing the impact of investment on capital ratios
- Assist with all aspects of due diligence, including identifying and quantifying sources of synergies and risk, and summarizing findings for the senior executive team
- Draft investment presentations and recommendations for all stages of the deal process (from sourcing to integration)
- Perform market research and competitive analysis
These skills will help you succeed in this role
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Self-starter with demonstrated ability to work well on small teams
- Highly motivated with high attention to detail and sense of urgency
- Ability to effectively communicate with individuals on all levels of the organization
- Team player with positive attitude, excellent interpersonal skills, and ability to "manage up"
About State Street What we do.
- Several years of experience at an investment bank or private equity firm is preferred and financial institutions experience a plus
- Ideally experience in a similar role
- Superior analytical and quantitative skills
- Track record of excellence (vis-à-vis peer group) in prior endeavors
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers