S&P Global Market Intelligence The Role:
FIG Product Specialist Grade
( relevant for internal applicants only ): 10 The Location:
Toronto, ON; New York, NY, Boston, MA and Chicago, IL, San Francisco, CA The Team:
Within the S&P Global Market Intelligence Commercial organization, Product Specialists are expected to identify, analyze, and propose solutions relating to specific products and services. Within Risk Services, Quantamental Solutions, Desktop, MMD, LCD, Industry Solutions, Product Specialists become domain and knowledge experts The Impact:
These roles drive revenue growth and client retention by working with Sales, Relationship Management, Product Management, and Client Operations to promote Market Intelligence's products, data content and delivery business, and other services across all client segments. You will have a 'seat at the table' while leading or participating in these external and internal conversations and negotiations. Your input will help clients identify needs, construct solutions that utilize our products, and ultimately position Sales teams for success in their contracting discussions and support successful ongoing outcomes for Relationship Managers. Compensation/Benefits Information (US Applicants Only):
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $54.4 - $82k. Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location.
In addition to base compensation, this role is eligible for a commercial incentive plan.
This role is eligible to receive additional S&P Global benefits. For more information on the benefits we provide to our employees, visit https://www.spgbenefitessentials.com/newhires . Responsibilities:
What We're Looking For: Basic Qualifications:
- Possess a firm understanding of the diagnostic sales process and employ its principles and techniques when engaging with a prospect or client.
- Support existing platform and/or content and feed clients with a strong focus on renewal rate. Respond attentively to client questions, help clients get the most out of our solutions, and work with Sales and Relationship Management to drive usage and adoption of products across the client organization.
- Assist the trial process with a thorough understanding of the client's workflow, and how Market Intelligence's solutions may enhance that workflow.
- Conduct product demos as needed and help to design the best solution to fit a prospect's or client's needs.
- Master the specific technical knowledge of each Product Specialist domain in order to advise clients and prospects on Market Intelligence solutions. Some roles require significant hands-on application of technical knowledge of systems and feeds.
- Act as a product specialist for a given product segment business by understanding the application of Market Intelligence products and content for complex workflows, conduct training, troubleshoot problems, answer product questions, and work on proof-of-concept projects to ensure that the client has the tools that will make their experience a success.
- Act as a regional market feedback consolidation source for regional product, content and delivery enhancements. Partner closely with Product Management, legal and client support teams to provide feedback and rank feed enhancement requests, assist with contract issues or coordinate client support requests as needed. Collaborate across borders with other Product Specialists serving in similar capacities.
- Learn and understand new product enhancements and relevant datasets as they are deployed through our platforms, and communicate the advantages of these products and datasets effectively to clients and prospects.
- Develop a complete understanding of competitors' products and be able to articulate Market Intelligence's relative capabilities.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Strong understanding of at least one of the segments we serve and the FIG specialized solutions
- Firm understanding of workflow solutions within Market Intelligence Desktop platform.
- A mixture of Finance, business, commercial and technical skills are necessary.
- Independent, self-starter capable of working without close supervision or daily guidance
- An understanding of the value of careful attention to documenting activities
- Team player with an ability to collaborate across functional and geographic boundaries
- Some experience and ability to apply the core concepts of our diagnostic sales methodology
- Demonstrates drive, initiative, energy and sense of urgency
- Passion for data driven analytic solutions
- A high level of client service and communication skills
- Thorough understanding of the equity, fixed income/credit or industry specific investment process (with a focus on either quantitative or qualitative security analysis). Prior experience in selling to or interacting with the types of firms and individual personas we target is highly desirable.
- Prior experience in selling to or interacting with the types of firms and individual personas we target is highly desirable
- Degree in business, corporate finance, commerce or a numerate discipline such as Finance, Accounting, Economics, or equivalent experience is required depending on the role. A strong understanding of fundamental data is necessary
- Strong level of computer skills including MS Office proficiency; programming, databases, computer science and other specific skills are highly desirable for some roles
- Constructive team player, capable of balancing and prioritizing multiple projects across different teams or business segments
----------------------------------------------------------- Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person. US Candidates Only:
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), PDMGDV202.1 - Middle Professional Tier I (EEO Job Group), SWP Priority - Ratings - (Strategic Workforce Planning) Job ID:
272411 Posted On:
New York, New York, United States