This role supports the Columbia private fund lineup, which consists of both monthly pricing funds and daily pricing funds. Provide oversight into the day-to-day accounting, transfer agency and custody functions performed by the private funds' Accountant, Administrator, Custodian, Transfer Agent, Prime Broker to ensure accurate and timely production of Fund NAVs and Investor Statements. Engage with specific service providers on planning and executing assigned private funds' annual audits and various tax reporting requirements. Act as the point of contact for internal business partners who support the operations of the private funds. Support the Products Management Department with fund development and fund launches/termination and the Client Services Department with Investor requests. Responsibilities
- Detailed review of monthly Financials/NAV packages for monthly NAV private funds provided by Fund Administrators; perform independent verifications and leverage / review reports provided by the internal Reconciliation team. Follow through resolution with the applicable business partner(s) on any items identified during review process.
- Perform daily NAV reviews on the daily NAV private funds; research any variances above the pre-established thresholds.
- Review fund expense budgets & provide authorizations on expense accruals; Review and authorize expense payments and manage the communication process with various areas.
- Review monthly investor statements for assigned private funds and provide sign off to the transfer agent(s).
- Prepare investor account summary for quarterly investor reports (QIR) and approve report prior to client distribution.
- Coordinate with external auditors and fund administrators during annual audits and manage the internal review of draft financial statements. Coordinate with external tax accountants and fund administrators in preparation of schedule K-1s, PFICs, Form 5500 and final tax returns; provide support and oversight functions, as applicable.
- Gather and provide data for regulatory and compliance reporting for assigned items (e.g. Form PF, Form CPO-PQR, Form ADV etc.).
- Contribute and oversee the production of the quarterly board reports and various monthly management reports.
- Contribute in performing oversight and due diligence on 3rd party service providers; support the vendor risk assessment process of any assigned 3rd party vendors.
- Support Products Management on any product or fee-related initiatives such as contractual fee changes, new fund launches or terminations. Perform fee analysis for various scenarios as requested.
- Draft new procedures and maintain procedure documentation for the Private Funds Department. Contribute in improving operational controls and ensure that current controls are working as intended to prevent any risk events.
- Provide support during internal audits and compliance reviews.
- Bachelors degree or 5-7 years of relevant work experience i.e. fund accounting, fund administration functions.
- Strong PC skills with strong emphasis on spreadsheets.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to organize, prioritize tasks, and work in a deadline oriented environment.
- Knowledge of GAAP.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Team focused work attitude.
About Our Company
- Knowledge of securities accounting and reporting.
- General financial statement preparation knowledge.
- Private/Hedge Funds knowledge would be preferred.
- Knowledge of Aladdin Accounting useful but not required.
Millions of people around the world rely on Columbia Threadneedle Investments to manage their money. We're intentionally built to help our clients succeed, backed by a global team of 2,000 people including more than 450 investment professionals sharing global perspectives across all major asset classes and markets. At Columbia Threadneedle, you'll find the promise we make to our clients is the same one we make to our employees: Your success is our priority. In addition to our competitive total rewards package, employees stay with us because of our culture and commitment to their development. And, backed by the strength of our parent company, Ameriprise Financial, we are committed to providing you with the tools, resources, recognition and rewards to help you shape the career you want.
Ameriprise Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, gender identity, disability, veteran status, marital status, family status or any other basis prohibited by law. New York Residents Only:
The estimated base salary for this role is $98,700 - $133,300 / year. Base salaries are determined in part based on job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and geographical work location. In addition, most of our roles are eligible for variable pay in the form of bonus, commissions, and/or long-term incentives depending on the role. We also have a competitive and comprehensive benefits program that support all aspects of your health and well-being.