Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 60 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
We are transitioning to a hybrid work environment where both remote work and the office play a critical role. Our vision is a future where all employees are empowered to work flexibly to drive the best outcomes for our clients. Flexible work is a mindset and a core value. Our employees are encouraged to work remotely two days a week as a standard practice and will have flexibility in terms of working hours.
Tracing our roots to 1928, Wellington Management Company, LLP is one of the world's largest independent investment management firms. With over US$1.3 trillion in assets under management as of 30 December 2021 we serve as a trusted adviser to institutional clients and mutual fund sponsors in over 50 countries. Our innovative investment solutions are built on the strength of proprietary, independent research and span nearly all segments of the global capital markets, including equity, fixed income, multi-asset, and alternative strategies. As a private partnership whose sole business is investment management, our long-term views and interests are aligned with those of our clients. We are committed to attracting a talented and diverse workforce, and to fostering an open, collaborative culture of inclusivity because we believe multiple perspectives lead to more informed investment and business decisions. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome people with diverse life experiences, fresh ideas, and specialized subject-matter expertise.
Our global investment platform is comprised of over 500 investment professionals across six investment functions (Alternatives, Boutiques, Privates, Research, Science, and Strategy) in seven locations (Boston, Hong Kong, London, Radnor, San Francisco, Singapore, and Tokyo). Within the investment platform, we are seeking an Investment Research Analyst to partner with our Director, Research Portfolios.
We are currently seeking to recruit an Investment Research Analyst to join Investment Research. The Analyst will work closely with the Director, Research Portfolios on the broad oversight and implementation of our $75B suite of diversified and sector analyst-managed portfolios, including capital allocation, risk management, transition management, incentive coordination, and compliance oversight. The Analyst will also work to support the management of our $8B suite of customized research approaches including style-based, religious aligned and low carbon research portfolios. In addition, the Analyst will act as a sounding board and provide critical input to the Director across the portfolio and to support continuous improvement of the portfolio construction process.
The following essential skills are required for the role:
- Investing passion and portfolio construction acumen- The Analyst will have interest and experience with equity investing, risk models and a desire to focus on the process of multi-manager portfolio construction. They will also possess a familiarity and interest in risk management, portfolio construction and portfolio implementation.
- Ownership mentality and growth mindset - The Analyst will embrace the opportunity to be a generalist, will seek to influence the client outcome with portfolio construction recommendations, and will act as a sounding board to the Director. The Analyst will have a broad perspective and creative approach for thinking about innovation and the next generation of the investment industry and evolution of our approach to multi-manager portfolio construction.
- Superior collaboration skills: The analysts will engage with Global Industry Analysts to develop an understanding for their individual philosophy & processes, how this translates to their risk individual sleeves, and the role their insights could play in the custom research solutions. They will act as a key liaison to both the Product Management and Portfolio Analyst teams, to ensure consistent in execution and delivery.
Additional qualifications and characteristics include:
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant professional experience, in fields such as risk management, trading, compliance, implementation, or investments
- Strong understanding of and deep interest in equity investing
- Advanced analytical skills, a quantitative orientation, and a detail-oriented mindset combined with a solutions-oriented mindset
- Strong interest in portfolio implementation and risk-based portfolio construction
- Proficient in risk models, particularly Barra, with the ability to analyze and understand portfolio risk and positioning
- Solid understanding of global securities, including equities, bonds, currency, and derivatives. General knowledge of corporate actions, trade settlements, cash equitization, market access is a plus
- Highest personal and professional integrity and ethics
- Ability to work well under pressure and prioritize tasks
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact effectively with investment and other business professionals around the firm
- Strong academic credentials; an MBA or CFA is strongly preferred
Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications? That's ok. If you believe that you could excel in this role, we encourage you to apply and welcome a chance to review your background. We are dedicated to building and maintaining a diversified workforce and considering a broad array of candidates with a variety of skill, workplace experiences, and backgrounds.
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .