At MFS, you will find a culture that supports you in doing what you do best. Our employees work together to reach better outcomes, favoring the strongest idea over the strongest individual. We put people first and demonstrate care and compassion for our community and each other. Because what we do matters - to us as valued professionals and to the millions of people and institutions who rely on us to help them build more secure and prosperous futures.What you will be responsible for: BASIC PURPOSE :
Using discretion and judgment, develops and maintains relationships with professional buyers selling MFS International products. As a member of the Internal Sales team, works with Sales Director(s) to strategically manage territory; places calls and provides information about portfolio composition, relative performance and product design. Promotes the sale of MFS International products and the retention of MFS assets.PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
JOB REQUIREMENTS :
- Ability to drive in new sales for MIL and to maintain the current asset level by developing proper relationships with professional buyers.
- Provides sales support for and assistance to the international Sales Director(s) in the maintenance of existing key relationships and the development of new key accounts,.
- Prospects and qualifies potential clients by telephone. Works to turn prospects into clients. Travels to territory once per quarter.
- Develops and implements programs to generate new sales. Works with the team to look for new innovative ways to position existing products and generate additional interest. Writes a quarterly activity plan.
- Understands and responds to client questions regarding economic conditions and patterns, financial data, and fund trends. Basic understanding of competitors' products and looks for way to position MIL's products against them. Works with internal sales team to ensure that all clients are provided with quality client service efficiently and accurately.
- Sends out requested literature and other sale supporting materials. Follows up on all to ensure receipt and understanding, and uses the opportunity to answer questions. Maintains accurate e mail distribution list for monthly electronic communication.
- Organizes conference calls, meetings, and other activities as required by the manager.
- Coordinates all sales activities with the Sales Director(s), the International Department, and other departments in the company.
- Develops records of clients and prospects to be used for marketing purposes. Uses Salesforce to put notes on system to record broker conversations.
- Develops and maintains information about competitors products and sales and marketing tools.
- Assumes additional responsibilities as requested.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- Fluency in English required, other European language (s) desired, preferably Spanish.
- Several years working in Financial Services.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with a high degree of integrity. Proper organization and planning are must.
- Self motivated, driven, and results oriented individual. Demonstrated sales skills, opening the call, probing, offering solutions, and closing the call. Ability to build ongoing relationships with brokers.
#LI-HYBRIDWhat we offer:
- Generous time-off provided: including "Responsible time off" for many roles, paid company holidays when the US Stock Exchange is closed, plus paid volunteer time
- Family Focus: Up to 20 weeks of paid leave for new parents, back-up care program, dependent care flexible spending account, adoption assistance, generous caregiver leave
- Health and Welfare: Competitive medical, vision and dental plans, plus tax-free health savings accounts with company contributions
- Wellness Programs: Robust wellness webinars, employee assistance program, gym reimbursement through our medical plans, fitness center discounts and more
- Life & Disability Benefits: Company-paid basic life insurance and short-term disability
- Financial Benefits: 401(k) savings plan, Defined Contribution plan- 15% of base salary invested into the Plan, competitive total compensation programs
MFS is a hybrid work environment
(remote/onsite) unless otherwise stated in the job posting .
This position will require individuals to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19
as part of their job responsibilities, unless MFS approves an exemption as an accommodation due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief. Submission of an exemption request does not guarantee that an exemption will be approved or that the request can be accommodated.
If any applicant is unable to complete an application or respond to a job opening because of a disability, please contact MFS at 617-954-5000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
MFS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
and it is our policy to not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws. Employees and applicants of MFS will not be subject to harassment on the basis of their status. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited. Please see the EEO is the Law document and Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision , linked for your reference.