At MFS, you will find a culture that supports you in doing what you do best. Our employees work together to reach better outcomes, favoring the strongest idea over the strongest individual. We put people first and demonstrate care and compassion for our community and each other. Because what we do matters - to us as valued professionals and to the millions of people and institutions who rely on us to help them build more secure and prosperous futures.What you will be responsible for:
As a Data Architect, you will analyze, assess, document and design scalable and sustainable data architecture and data management solutions, addressing critical business use cases. You will partner with cross functional teams to provide subject matter expertise on data architecture, that includes designing, creating, deploying and managing solutions that align with enterprise data strategy.PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES :
JOB REQUIREMENTS :
- Collaborates with the Director of Data Strategy, other senior leaders, technology teams and business stakeholders to evolve the data strategy to meet enterprise data requirements.
- Develop and report on metrics that capture the effectiveness of our data architecture, considering data accuracy, integrity and accessibility.
- The data architect understands and actively participates in system development life cycle; agile software/application delivery methodologies; and requirements, design, and test techniques.
- The data architect is asked to conceptualize and influence business applications, and therefore must understand what advice to give and where to plug-in to steer toward desirable outcomes.
- Solid understanding of modern data architectures patterns, including cloud and on-premise data repositories, as well as modern data integration approaches.
- F acilitate data requirements conversation with business and technical stakeholders resolving conflicts to drive decisions and consensus.
- Establish and maintain conceptual, logical, and physical data models for both relational and dimensional solutions that are compliant with enterprise standards, including detailed descriptions of business entities, attributes, and data relationships as well as the definition of business rules governing the integrity, archiving, and audit requirements of the data.
- Assist in establishing, maintaining, and enforcing data model design p rinciples, techniques, and standards.
- Work with enterprise data governance team to build and maintain data dictionaries and business glossaries, data definitions and metadata for all business-critical data domains.
- Analyze existing systems using manual or automated data analysis/profiling to reverse engineer data requirements.
- Assist developers with complex query development and performance optimization.
- Performs additional duties as required.
- Bachelor's Degree with a major in Computer Science, Business Data Processing, Computer Information Systems or related field is required.
- Minimum five - eight (5-8) years data modeling experience in an agile work-environment delivering transactional and operational, reporting/analytical (EDW/Data Lake/NoSQL) solutions.
- Extensive hands on experience in data warehousing design, ETL/ELT, BI/Analytics Data Repositories development.
- Understanding of enterprise and reporting modeling concepts, including dimensional modeling, snowflakes, slowly changing dimensions, schema on read, irregular dimensions, and surrogate, compound and intelligent keys.
- Experience with Data Modeling Tools (Embarcadero ER/Studio preferred), Knowledge of Data Modeling in Agile Software Development Framework.
- Minimum five - eight (5-8) years Relational database (Sybase, Oracle or MS SQL erver) experience (SQL scripts, stored procedures, triggers, etc.).
- Industry: 3 years experience within the investment and mutual fund management industry, high level knowledge of securities & products, counterparties, positions, and transactions data.
- Ability to describe the role of data architecture in supporting diverse use cases such as business processes, Cloud solution, Data Lake, BI, data migration or master data management (MDM).
- Experience with ETL (Informatica's PowerCenter), data quality, data profiling and ad-hoc query tools.
- Creative and analytical problem-solving capabilities.
- Strong business and communication skills.
#LI-HYBRIDWhat we offer:
- Generous time-off provided: including "Responsible time off" for many roles, paid company holidays when the US Stock Exchange is closed, plus paid volunteer time
- Family Focus: Up to 20 weeks of paid leave for new parents, back-up care program, dependent care flexible spending account, adoption assistance, generous caregiver leave
- Health and Welfare: Competitive medical, vision and dental plans, plus tax-free health savings accounts with company contributions
- Wellness Programs: Robust wellness webinars, employee assistance program, gym reimbursement through our medical plans, fitness center discounts and more
- Life & Disability Benefits: Company-paid basic life insurance and short-term disability
- Financial Benefits: 401(k) savings plan, Defined Contribution plan- 15% of base salary invested into the Plan, competitive total compensation programs
MFS is a hybrid work environment
(remote/onsite) unless otherwise stated in the job posting .
This position will require individuals to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19
as part of their job responsibilities, unless MFS approves an exemption as an accommodation due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief. Submission of an exemption request does not guarantee that an exemption will be approved or that the request can be accommodated.
If any applicant is unable to complete an application or respond to a job opening because of a disability, please contact MFS at 617-954-5000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
MFS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
and it is our policy to not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws. Employees and applicants of MFS will not be subject to harassment on the basis of their status. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited. Please see the EEO is the Law document and Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision , linked for your reference.