At MFS, you will find a culture that supports you in doing what you do best. Our employees work together to reach better outcomes, favoring the strongest idea over the strongest individual. We put people first and demonstrate care and compassion for our community and each other. Because what we do matters - to us as valued professionals and to the millions of people and institutions who rely on us to help them build more secure and prosperous futures.What you will be responsible for: Basic Purpose:
With a focus on Global FX and DM Rates, execute trades for MFS funds and clients, and contribute to the MFS trading and investment process. Principal Responsibilities:
- With a primary focus on currency, execute spot, forward and derivatives trades as required
- With a secondary focus on developed market rates, execute spot, forward and derivatives trades as required Block and tackle execution processes and related communication with the investment team
- Source, filter, develop and distribute relevant market color and trade ideas to the investment team Collaborate with the investment team on the portfolio needs, the expression of trade ideas in the FX and rates markets
- Develop MFS trading capabilities considering evolving market structures, technology platforms and trading protocols
- Collaborate with and assist functional teams throughout the firm, including operations, compliance, client services and the broader trading team
- Develop and maintain strong internal and external relationships for the purpose of delivering on the above responsibilities
- Follow and support MFS policies and procedures, including best execution, trade allocation and more as required
- Assume additional responsibilities as required
- Minimum of three to five years of trading or related experience
- Thorough understanding of currency and rates markets
- Experience with order management systems, electronic trading platforms and traditional voice trading practices
- Strong interpersonal, communication and teamwork skills
- Strong organizational, entrepreneurial and decision-making skills
#LI-HYBRIDWhat we offer:
- Generous time-off provided: including "Responsible time off" for many roles, paid company holidays when the US Stock Exchange is closed, plus paid volunteer time
- Family Focus: Up to 20 weeks of paid leave for new parents, back-up care program, dependent care flexible spending account, adoption assistance, generous caregiver leave
- Health and Welfare: Competitive medical, vision and dental plans, plus tax-free health savings accounts with company contributions
- Wellness Programs: Robust wellness webinars, employee assistance program, gym reimbursement through our medical plans, fitness center discounts and more
- Life & Disability Benefits: Company-paid basic life insurance and short-term disability
- Financial Benefits: 401(k) savings plan, Defined Contribution plan- 15% of base salary invested into the Plan, competitive total compensation programs
MFS is a hybrid work environment
(remote/onsite) unless otherwise stated in the job posting .
This position will require individuals to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19
as part of their job responsibilities, unless MFS approves an exemption as an accommodation due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief. Submission of an exemption request does not guarantee that an exemption will be approved or that the request can be accommodated.
If any applicant is unable to complete an application or respond to a job opening because of a disability, please contact MFS at 617-954-5000 or email email@example.com for assistance.
MFS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
and it is our policy to not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws. Employees and applicants of MFS will not be subject to harassment on the basis of their status. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited. Please see the EEO is the Law document and Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision , linked for your reference.