At MFS, you will find a culture that supports you in doing what you do best. Our employees work together to reach better outcomes, favoring the strongest idea over the strongest individual. We put people first and demonstrate care and compassion for our community and each other. Because what we do matters - to us as valued professionals and to the millions of people and institutions who rely on us to help them build more secure and prosperous futures.What you will be responsible for:
At MFS, the Quantitative Research Associate Program is designed to allow associates to become fully immersed in the investment management business by working in support of MFS' quantitative research, portfolio management, and investment risk management teams. The Quantitative Research Associates work with analysts and portfolio managers through the development and maintenance of risk management and portfolio construction processes. Quantitative Research Associates participate in research projects aimed at the enhancement of quantitative research tools/systems, quantitative selection models, portfolio construction, and/or investment risk management. In addition, Quantitative Research Associates actively engage with the broader investment team to meet the team's analytical needs. The Quantitative Research Associate Program is designed to be a 2 - 4-year program, where incumbents generally will pursue graduate school or another opportunity inside or outside of MFS at the end of their term.PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES :
JOB REQUIREMENTS :
- Address data and analytical requests from the investment department through active engagement and outreach.
- Work within quantitative research team on projects related to development of quantitative alpha models and/or the technology underlying those subjects.
- Assist in the development and implementation of disciplined quantitative processes focused on alpha generation, portfolio construction and risk management.
- Effectively communicate results of processes and research within and outside of the quantitative group as appropriate.
- Assume additional projects and responsibilities as required.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field (e.g. Finance, Economics, Mathematics, Engineering, or other quantitatively oriented discipline) or equivalent experience.
- Exceptional analytical skills, ability to gather and concisely compile large amounts of information.
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to work independently on complex projects.
- Strong communication skills; both written and verbal.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and matrix based programming languages such as R, Python, Matlab preferred.
- Familiarity with financial data software such as Bloomberg or FactSet is a plus.
- Attention to detail and commitment to accuracy.
#LI-HYBRIDWhat we offer:
- Generous time-off provided: including "Responsible time off" for many roles, paid company holidays when the US Stock Exchange is closed, plus paid volunteer time
- Family Focus: Up to 20 weeks of paid leave for new parents, back-up care program, dependent care flexible spending account, adoption assistance, generous caregiver leave
- Health and Welfare: Competitive medical, vision and dental plans, plus tax-free health savings accounts with company contributions
- Wellness Programs: Robust wellness webinars, employee assistance program, gym reimbursement through our medical plans, fitness center discounts and more
- Life & Disability Benefits: Company-paid basic life insurance and short-term disability
- Financial Benefits: 401(k) savings plan, Defined Contribution plan- 15% of base salary invested into the Plan, competitive total compensation programs
MFS is a hybrid work environment
(remote/onsite) unless otherwise stated in the job posting .
This position will require individuals to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19
as part of their job responsibilities, unless MFS approves an exemption as an accommodation due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief. Submission of an exemption request does not guarantee that an exemption will be approved or that the request can be accommodated.
If any applicant is unable to complete an application or respond to a job opening because of a disability, please contact MFS at 617-954-5000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
MFS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
and it is our policy to not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws. Employees and applicants of MFS will not be subject to harassment on the basis of their status. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited. Please see the EEO is the Law document and Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision , linked for your reference.