At MFS, you will find a culture that supports you in doing what you do best. Our employees work together to reach better outcomes, favoring the strongest idea over the strongest individual. We put people first and demonstrate care and compassion for our community and each other. Because what we do matters - to us as valued professionals and to the millions of people and institutions who rely on us to help them build more secure and prosperous futures.What you will be responsible for: About MFS
: In 1924 MFS Investment Management established the first mutual fund in the United States. Today, MFS offers a wide range of products and services to investors, including more than 70 mutual funds, fixed and variable annuities, separately managed accounts, and retirement plans to retail customers, institutional investors, and insurance offerings.
At MFS we hire talented people and allow them to work in an environment that fosters teamwork. We strive to make MFS a company where our employees can grow and succeed. While MFS provides a supportive work environment, we maintain high standards of accountability to ensure that employees meet our standards of excellence. We value intelligence and hard work. We value the perspective you bring. We will reward you for your good ideas, your work ethic, and your experience. We believe that our unique culture directly benefits our business. Basic Purpose :
At MFS, the Fixed Income Research Associate Program is designed to allow associates to become fully immersed in the investment management world of fixed income. The Fixed Income Research Associate will work on the Investment Grade team and will work with portfolio managers and research analysts in the development of proprietary, bottom up investment research. The Fixed Income Research Associate Program is designed to be a 3 - 5 year program, with the possibility of being offered an Analyst position on the fixed income team. Principal Responsibilities :
- Analyze company and industry fundamentals relevant to securities being reviewed; help to formulate investment decisions under the supervision of the covering Analyst
- Keep abreast of market developments in the coverage area - regulatory and business environment and financial trends
- Build and update financial models, charts, and other supporting materials
- Develop and write research reports on company events, news, earnings, and other relevant topics
- Gather and communicate Environmental, Social and Governance ("ESG") risks and opportunities
- Collaborate and engage with Research Associates, Analysts and Portfolio Managers across the investment platform
- Assume additional projects and responsibilities as required
- Bachelor's degree or higher
- Computer/modeling skills: Microsoft Excel, Word, Powerpoint
- Exceptional analytical skills with an ability to gather and synthesize large amounts of information
- Skilled at both written and verbal communications
- Ability to work on complex projects in a self-directed manner
- Organized and attentive to detail
- Passion for learning with an interest in developing a career in asset management
#LI-HYBRIDWhat we offer:
- Generous time-off provided: including "Responsible time off" for many roles, paid company holidays when the US Stock Exchange is closed, plus paid volunteer time
- Family Focus: Up to 20 weeks of paid leave for new parents, back-up care program, dependent care flexible spending account, adoption assistance, generous caregiver leave
- Health and Welfare: Competitive medical, vision and dental plans, plus tax-free health savings accounts with company contributions
- Wellness Programs: Robust wellness webinars, employee assistance program, gym reimbursement through our medical plans, fitness center discounts and more
- Life & Disability Benefits: Company-paid basic life insurance and short-term disability
- Financial Benefits: 401(k) savings plan, Defined Contribution plan- 15% of base salary invested into the Plan, competitive total compensation programs
MFS is a hybrid work environment
(remote/onsite) unless otherwise stated in the job posting .
This position will require individuals to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19
as part of their job responsibilities, unless MFS approves an exemption as an accommodation due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief. Submission of an exemption request does not guarantee that an exemption will be approved or that the request can be accommodated.
If any applicant is unable to complete an application or respond to a job opening because of a disability, please contact MFS at 617-954-5000 or email email@example.com for assistance.
MFS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
and it is our policy to not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws. Employees and applicants of MFS will not be subject to harassment on the basis of their status. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited. Please see the EEO is the Law document and Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision , linked for your reference.