We are currently seeking an individual in business analyst role to join our SSGA Front Office IT development team for Fixed Income, Cash and Currency. The individual will be responsible for working closely with investment business teams (Portfolio Managers) and application development teams to manage requirements for existing applications and emerging projects. The successful candidate will have strong business and technology acumen, build partnerships, foster close collaboration and work hand in hand with the business and technology teams. Core responsibilities include business analysis, data analysis, requirements gathering and documentation, story writing and grooming, and liaising with business and application development teams. The role has a broad set of responsibilities and offers a great deal of exposure to various aspects of the investment and portfolio management applications and domain. As the Business Analyst, you will:
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- Align with Business and IT teams to serve for GA's Fixed Income Index technology applications and platforms
- Requirement gathering and documentation using Agile Methodology
- Story writing and grooming, create and manage product backlog
- Work closely with Portfolio Managers and business users, develop key Subject Matter Expertise on applications and guide IT application development teams on development tasks
- Connect user requirements to system requirements and effectively outline and communicate with development teams
- Conduct demo sessions and gather user feedback
- Provide application level guidance and clarity to other technology teams within the organization
- Drive application development and support based on knowledge and sound understanding on Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Agile Scrum and Kanban methodologies.
- Establish relationships with all stakeholders to ensure the right engagement and alignment is achieved for initiatives
- Assist with creating product roadmap and technology solutions
Education & Preferred Qualifications:
- Must be able to work independently with limited supervision
- Solid interpersonal skills and ability to effectively organize and communicate across functional and technical lines
- Strong root cause analysis and complex problem solving skills
- Ability and willingness to learn new technologies (.NET and Python exposure a plus)
- Strong documentation skills and familiarity with Agile Development Methodologies
Are you the right candidate? Yes!
- Qualified Bachelor's degree is a requirement; Computer Science, Information Technology, Finance preferred.
- Financial Services background, including investment or asset management
- Should be an excellent communicator, experience on communicating with global users (both written and verbal), will be preferred.
- CFA or CFA Candidate a plus but not required
We truly believe in the power that comes from the diverse backgrounds and experiences our employees bring with them. Although each vacancy details what we are looking for, we don't necessarily need you to fulfil all of them when applying. If you like change and innovation, seek to see the bigger picture, make data driven decisions and are a good team player, you could be a great fit. About State Street Global Advisors What we do.
As the asset management arm of State Street Corporation, State Street Global Advisors has served the world's governments, institutions and financial advisors for over four decades. With a rigorous, risk-aware approach built on research, analysis and market-tested experience, we build from a breadth of active and index strategies to create cost-effective solutions. As stewards, we help portfolio companies see that what is fair for people and sustainable for the planet can deliver long-term performance. And, as pioneers in index, ETF, and ESG investing, we are always inventing new ways to invest. As a result, we have become one of the world's largest asset managers with trillions of dollars under our care. Our Mission.
At State Street Global Advisors our mission is to invest responsibly to enable economic prosperity and social progress. We are driven by a desire to help our clients, and those who rely on them, achieve a better future. We have a long history of developing innovative investment strategies to provide our clients with reliable and transparent returns, cost-effectively, and without excessive risk. Work, Live and Grow
. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You'll have access to Flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.