Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 60 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
We are transitioning to a hybrid work environment where both remote work and the office play a critical role. Our vision is a future where all employees are empowered to work flexibly to drive the best outcomes for our clients. Flexible work is a mindset and a core value. Our employees are encouraged to work remotely two days a week as a standard practice and will have flexibility in terms of working hours.
About the Role
At Wellington Management our appetite for technology is insatiable. We recognize that the world is full of fascinating questions that will impact the future of companies, economies, financial markets, and entire industries. We want you to help us find answers to these questions by building and evolving our innovative, industry leading, technology platform. We are seeking qualified candidates to join our expanding technology team. Together, you will not only dream up solutions to today's investment challenges, but you will build them to see real-life results. Technology needs are advancing, and this level of complexity requires a highly sophisticated well-managed technology platform that is built by people like you. This is your chance to build something incredible. We want you to think big, to solve challenges, and positively impact our clients.
The Enterprise Data Services (EDS) is led by the Chief Data Officer within the InvesTech Department. The EDS mission is to ensure everyone at Wellington treats data as a critical asset that powers investment and service excellence for our clients. The centralization of enterprise data architecture, enterprise data governance, market data services, and data integrity teams bring together people accountable for mobilizing this vision forward. As one of core pillars of the EDS, the Enterprise Data Architecture Team, is tasked to develop a blueprint with technology partners in designing strategic solution to support the firm's growing data needs. The team is seeking to hire a Lead Software Engineer responsible for synthesizing the firm's data needs, providing input, and contributing to design future state architecture and roadmap to future state. This role will include interaction with all functions of the firm to develop a holistic view of prioritized data needs and aligned to different stakeholders towards a common understanding and vision. This role will also be responsible for architecting, designing, and implementing a centralized data platform based on defined blueprint and enabling domain teams to consistently use this self-serv shared platform.
• Interact directly with business partners at all levels of the organization to define, analyze, and document requirements, as well as set priorities
• Participate in the analytical work to collect and synthesize the firm's data needs and gaps
• Collaborate and partner with IT and investment science teams
• Listen to different stakeholders (with initial focus on investors), document, confirm and connect the dot
• Prioritize the firm's strategic goals
• Author and present any findings and support documentation
• Lead the design and delivery of high-quality business solutions for the future state and roadmaps.
• Participate in architecture, design, implementation, testing, deployment, process, and support
• Be a key contributor to define a multi-year plan for execution
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with high attention to detail
• Strong client relationship skills and proven ability to build consensus
• Experience working directly with business partners to understand their needs and deliver solutions that meet those needs
• Experience writing requirements, functional specifications, use cases, and test plans
• Change agent, creative, innovative, and focused on continuous improvements
• A strong team player, with ability to work in collaboration across teams
• Intellectual curiosity and interest to learn independently and from peers
• Experience with cloud technologies, such as AWS desired
• Demonstrated experience programming using Python, Java, or any language
• Understanding and experience with investment workflow is highly desirable
• Hands-on knowledge of SQL, or another relational database technology
• Cross-domain understanding of data in a financial services organization
• 10+ years of experience within financial services, or similarly data intensive environment
• Bachelor's degree is highly preferred
Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications? That's ok. If you believe that you could excel in this role, we encourage you to apply and welcome a chance to review your background. We are dedicated to building and maintaining a diversified workforce and considering a broad array of candidates with a variety of skill, workplace experiences, and backgrounds.
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .