Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 60 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
We are transitioning to a hybrid work environment where both remote work and the office play a critical role. Our vision is a future where all employees are empowered to work flexibly to drive the best outcomes for our clients. Flexible work is a mindset and a core value. Our employees are encouraged to work remotely two days a week as a standard practice and will have flexibility in terms of working hours.
About the Role
Client Reporting Services, Americas within InvestTech Operations has an open position for an Analyst based out of the Boston office supporting the Product Reporting Team. The Analyst will be primarily focused on Equity products.
Producing high quality, accurate, and timely reporting is one of the key aspects of providing superior service to our clients, prospects, and consultants. To that end, the Product Reporting Team within Client Investment Services (CIS) is responsible for maintaining and producing standard product-related marketing and client materials as well as customized client reporting for an assigned suite of products. The Product Reporting Team broadly is expected to develop expertise in the approaches they cover and are expected to understand the portfolio's outlook, process, positioning, strategy, and the current market environment. The team will be closely aligned with Investment Products & Strategies and serve as internal subject matter expert to the Client Teams broadly.
Responsibilities for this role include, but are not limited to:
• Partner with Investment Products & Fund Strategies (IPFS) and our Client Group to understand the fundamentals of our approaches, the general reporting needs of our clients invested in those approaches, and the guidelines which govern our activities related to marketing and client reporting
• Develop an expertise in an assigned suite of approaches to effectively develop and deliver product-level content in client reporting; this includes but may not be limited to, writing attribution and performance commentary, tailoring portfolio positioning and outlook text for different client guidelines, understanding product-specific data nuances, answering ad-hoc questions related to the product, etc.
• Serve as an internal subject matter expert to the other roles within CIS
• Produce all standard product materials and reoccurring deliverables including generic marketing presentations, institutional fact sheets, and product summaries
• Peer reviewing client deliverables completed by the team as needed to ensure accuracy, data reasonability, etc.
• Take the lead on production of customized client reporting
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
• Strong academic credentials and 3+ years of professional experience in either investment management or marketing communications
• Candidates should demonstrate a high level of capital markets/investment/product knowledge
• Excellent quantitative and communication skills, as well as strong attention to detail
• The individual must be an independent self-starter, a team player, and able to work on multiple assignments and complete high quality work against strict and competing deadlines that are dictated by prospects, consultants, and clients
• The position requires extensive use of internal and external systems and databases, and proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel
• A positive, collegial attitude and a high level of professionalism are essential
• An MBA or CFA/CMA/CAIA, or progress toward these qualifications is a plus
Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications? That's ok. If you believe that you could excel in this role, we encourage you to apply and welcome a chance to review your background. We are dedicated to building and maintaining a diversified workforce and considering a broad array of candidates with a variety of skill, workplace experiences, and backgrounds.
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .