The Columbia Threadneedle Dividend Income strategies manage approximately $50B in assets. Our portfolio management strategy emphasizes a disciplined approached to portfolio construction with a focus on stock selection and risk management. Our approach to dividend investing and collaboration with our centralized fundamental research team are our key differentiators.
As a member of the Dividend Income strategy, you will be an integral part of the portfolio management team, contributing to stock selection and portfolio construction decisions based on our established philosophy and process. Our stock selection process is well defined, disciplined and you will work closely with centralized research to contribute new stock ideas and investment opinions on existing stocks in the portfolio.
What we're looking for: You are an enthusiastic self-starter who is motivated by achieving and exceeding goals. You are passionate about equity markets and are excited by the opportunity to work in a collaborative environment where you interact with colleagues, clients, and management teams throughout the day. To be most successful in this role you will be organized, detail-oriented, comfortable taking on a high level of responsibility on a daily basis, and personable. Responsibilities
- Responsible for investment performance and day to day portfolio management for specific investment strategy. Articulate and maintain a robust and consistent investment philosophy in managing the portfolios.
- Implement portfolio process, trading, client communications and product development.
- Effectively conduct and manage research and draw upon the resources of research analysts, as well as other primary and secondary research sources, in making portfolio decisions. Works closely with the centralized research team responsible for the proprietary models used in the portfolio management process.
- Monitor industry trends and contribute to team strategy discussions.
- Meet periodically with clients to perform strategy overviews and performance updates.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- 8+ years' experience in the investment sector, including managing a significant amount of assets for the firm
About Our Company
- Ability to employ fundamental equity analysis in a portfolio context with strong analytical skills.
- Ability to participate in internal strategy meetings and round table discussions, while clearly articulating an investment process and strategy in a group setting
- Ability to quickly analyze investment quality and respond to requests in a timely manner
- Quantitative and qualitative analytical skills to perform investment analysis, including proficiency with software tools such as Word, Excel, and quantitative modeling tools
- Ability to travel occasionally
Millions of people around the world rely on Columbia Threadneedle Investments to manage their money. We're intentionally built to help our clients succeed, backed by a global team of 2,000 people including more than 450 investment professionals sharing global perspectives across all major asset classes and markets. At Columbia Threadneedle, you'll find the promise we make to our clients is the same one we make to our employees: Your success is our priority. In addition to our competitive total rewards package, employees stay with us because of our culture and commitment to their development. And, backed by the strength of our parent company, Ameriprise Financial, we are committed to providing you with the tools, resources, recognition and rewards to help you shape the career you want.
Ameriprise Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, gender identity, disability, veteran status, marital status, family status or any other basis prohibited by law.