We are seeking an Investment Analyst for our Purchase, NY office.
The Analyst position produces and coordinates many of the reports supporting the operational oversight and analysis of our invested assets and related controls. This includes daily involvement with asset reviews, cash flows and communications with our external managers and other internal departments. Reports generated are utilized within the team and for management reporting as part of the decision making and control processes. Working within the team, the Analyst contributes to development and implementation of strategy as well as other business-related activities as they arise. This position reports to the SVP, Risk and Asset Allocation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Produce daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly reports on investment portfolio risk metrics and activity
- Prepare quarterly reports for external reporting (e.g., OTTI & security pricing verifications)
- Operational activities related to managers:
- Interact with Treasury department on cash-flows
- Participate in calls with external investment managers
- Review portfolios for compliance with Investment Policies and Guidelines
- Assist with production and optimization of risk scenarios, stress tests, and scenario assumptions.
- Support with the production of quarterly risk reporting materials and analysis.
- Assist with the submission of investment related activity pertaining to Rating Agency and Regulatory surveys.
- Assist in development and oversight of Economic Social and Governance (ESG) investment policy.
- Contribute to development and evolution of Strategic Asset Allocation operating within risk budget, and regulatory and capital requirements.
- Assist with oversight of Asset/Liability Management (ALM) strategy and execution, including cash flow and duration matching, FX policy and liquidity management.
- Ad hoc research projects related to economy, markets and securities, and other tasks as needed.
- Keep team updated on progress of work, and communicate issues/delays on a timely basis to avoid missed deadlines
- Bachelor’s Degree and 3-5 years of relevant experience
- Strong leadership potential, analytical and organization skills with the ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment, and operate within multiple deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills and inquisitive mind
- Strong attention to detail
- Technical skills i.e. Macro, VBA and Python as well as exposure to BlackRock Aladdin, Clearwater or Bloomberg a plus
- Ability to understand situations and problem solve
- Ability to manage deliverables accurately on a timely basis and conduct self-reviews to ensure constant development
- Solves problems with varying levels of scope and complexity, refers to policies and practices for guidance.
Sompo International offers a competitive compensation and benefits package commensurate with experience. The minimum salary for this position: $85,000.
Apply here: https://endurance.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/SompoInternational/job/Investments-Analyst_R528
Also email David Velasquez (email@example.com)