About Us Wellington Management
offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 60 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
We are transitioning to a hybrid work environment where both remote work and the office play a critical role. Our vision is a future where all employees are empowered to work flexibly to drive the best outcomes for our clients. Flexible work is a mindset and a core value. Our employees are encouraged to work remotely two days a week as a standard practice and will have flexibility in terms of working hours.
About the Role
The HR Technology Solutions Architect (Workday) will be responsible for the delivery of Workday solutions as part of HR Technology roadmap to address business and HR needs. In this capacity, you will actively participate in and lead the planning and scoping of projects to recommend best practices, implement new features and enhance existing processes in Workday to create a seamless and engaging employee experience. The role must have hands-on subject matter expertise in Workday HCM platform.
The role will be a key player in defining Workday security strategy and the consolidation of roles. In addition, you will be maintaining/running the Workday project backlog/sprints to deliver solutions in agile framework. This role needs someone who is passionate about optimizing HR processes through technology enablers such as Workday. This role must be able to work and adapt in a fluid and fast-paced environment. A strong level of comfort working with a wide range of stakeholders at all levels of seniority and display a high degree of judgment and discretion for handling sensitive data.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Serve as a Workday subject matter expert to optimize system design, configuration, security and user experience of HR processes.
- Architect and lead Workday technical solutions project delivery by managing internal stakeholders and vendor communications.
- Document current and future state process, challenge the status quo and look across functions for ways to automate and reduce manual work.
- Build strong relationships based on trust and transparency with primary stakeholders and work towards enabling technology to meet their strategic goals.
- Partner with various HR teams and other internal stakeholders to help them define business requirements, design, prototype, implement, test, and deploy workday capabilities as needed.
- Evaluate new Workday features that can help HR teams to enhance their processes and prepare them for future of work.
- Partner with HR Operations team to understand the recurring support issues, user request trends and recommend automation/enhanced processes to help create efficiencies for the team.
- Understand HR technology architecture and connect the dots when working on any new implementation/project. Educate extended teams on both upstream and downstream system changes impact.
- Lead the Workday security consolidation project to simplify security framework and eliminate redundant security groups/roles.
- Manage Workday platform with supporting data integrations and system authentication, ensuring system stability, security compliance, and expeditious resolution for high impact issues. Proactively anticipate issues and provide a perspective to leaders/teams for how to deliver practical solutions
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in a system analyst role supporting Corporate HR applications, possessing a strong understanding and experience of HCM core business processes.
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in designing, configuring, and implementing various modules within Workday.
- Extensive knowledge of Recruiting, Talent, Performance, Absence and Core HCM modules.
- Familiarity with Workday Cloud Platform, Prism, Workday studio, Service-Now HRSD will be a plus.
- Experience in UI/EX designing will be a plus.
- Broad HR business and technology experience and a good awareness of industry trends.
- Experience in leading Workday implementation projects in solutions architect capacity.
- Familiarity with agile development methodologies and software development lifecycle principles.
- Comfortable with fast changing environment with an ability to adapt as needed.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with an attention to detail.
- Highly self-motivated and able to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment, taking initiative and/or lead role as necessary
- Strong communication (verbal and written), facilitation, and social/EQ skills, with the ability to clearly communicate across all levels
- The ability to manage multiple priorities is required as is professional maturity with regard to handling of confidential information
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in Human Resources, Computer Science or related fields
Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications? That's ok. If you believe that you could excel in this role, we encourage you to apply and welcome a chance to review your background. We are dedicated to building and maintaining a diversified workforce and considering a broad array of candidates with a variety of skill, workplace experiences, and backgrounds.
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .