BNY Mellon Investor Solutions is a unique business within BNY Mellon. Investor Solutions focuses on asset allocation, portfolio construction, manager research, and alternatives within a OCIO context as well as asset management context. The business constructs and manages multi-asset, multi-manager investment strategies using both proprietary and third party investment strategies.
In addition, the team also acts as a discretionary, or non-discretionary, provider to asset owners on a global basis across institutional, intermediary, and family office channels. The business is aligned with BNY Mellon Wealth Management but works across all of BNY Mellon and its affiliates and subsidiaries including, but not limited to, Global Distribution, Pershing, Asset Servicing, and the various investment affiliates of BNY Mellon. Investor Solutions designs and implements investment strategies that are bespoke to client needs and objectives using a myriad of asset classes, investment strategies, and overlays. Position Summary
The Compliance Officer will assist with implementing and maintaining the compliance framework including oversight of the investment guideline compliance program, assessment of compliance requirements and processes and supporting Rule 206(4)-7 compliance testing.
- Main Responsibilities
- Maintaining pre- and post-trade compliance systems;
- Working with the portfolio management teams, Trading and Operations to properly code, test, and troubleshoot restrictions and guidelines in the Aladdin system;
- Helping to negotiate investment guidelines with new clients;
- Developing and implementing transactional, periodic, and forensic testing programs to assess the adequacy of the firm's policies and procedures;
- Conducting the annual review of policies and procedures and assisting in drafting a written report to support the Rule 206(4)-7 review;
- Assisting the firm in implementing corrective actions as identified by the testing programs; and
- Satisfying a multitude of client compliance reporting requirements, including client correspondence and completion of monthly/quarterly/ annual client questionnaires.
- Additional responsibilities:
- Participating in various committee meetings such as Business Acceptance, Trading and Counterparty Oversight, and others;
- Liaising with the investment professionals and support departments to resolve pending matters;
- Responding to internal audits of compliance functions;
- Assisting with due diligence and RFP requests;
- Ad hoc projects as needed.
- 10 years minimum compliance experience with all aspects of the Investment Adviser's Act of 1940.
- Experience with private funds a plus
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills and excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task in a dynamic environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are essential as well as strong interpersonal skills.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.