At MFS, you will find a culture that supports you in doing what you do best. Our employees work together to reach better outcomes, favoring the strongest idea over the strongest individual. We put people first and demonstrate care and compassion for our community and each other. Because what we do matters - to us as valued professionals and to the millions of people and institutions who rely on us to help them build more secure and prosperous futures. What you will be responsible for:
The Account Representative - Edward Jones uses extensive knowledge of the financial markets, MFS products, Firm initiatives, and Marketing Campaigns to field complex Edward Jones financial advisor questions. You will also provide solutions that have a strict adherence to FINRA and MFS compliance rules while consistently identifying and maximizing every sales opportunity. Principal Responsibilities:
- Responds to complex telephone inquiries from Edward Jones Financial Advisors by appropriately positioning MFS products, disseminating information on MFS funds, providing investment updates while demonstrating a strong working knowledge of Edward Jones.
- Extensively supports Edward Jones Specialists and External Wholesalers: Run Portfolio hypotheticals/comparisons, send sales material, customize seminar invites, tag products in C360 and assist in various other administrative tasks to free up time for the Specialists.
- Ability to leverage the Morningstar analytical tool to run hypotheticals(both MFS only and Multi-Fund family), fund vs fund comparisons, Investment Growth, Investment Details, Stock Intersection, Rolling Return, and Correlation Reports and interpret and convey information to advisors in a manner that is compliant with FINRA and MFS standards.
- In-depth knowledge of Edward Jones including advisor structure, IPC guidelines, Bar Charts, seminars, appropriate materials, share classes, platforms and ideas that align with home office directed themes.
- Schedule and coordinate with both BOA's and Financial Advisors to attend larger events in region for a particular wholesaler, due diligence meetings in Boston and ad hoc requests from external wholesalers to make scheduling calls.
- Build personal brand when speaking with financial advisors to establish working relationships, problem solve based on their specific product needs and helping to develop new ideas they can leverage to sell more MFS product. Part of this involves walking advisors through Advanced Morningstar Reports or Hypothectical(s) and illustrating to them the differences or benefits of combining certain products within a portfolio they are considering.
- Strong understanding of portfolio construction, MFS products, and ability to explain over/underperformance as it relates to over/underweight of sectors, industries, and basic attribution analysis.
- Creates sales leads for all Edward Jones Specialists by providing information on MFS while engaging the advisor with appropriate questions to uncover more sales opportunities.
- Assists with backup support in absence of the Edward Jones Specialist includes making thank you calls, assisting with service matters, new products, making proactive calls and various related external wholesaler tasks.
- Associate's Degree required.
- Position requires licensing of FINRA Series 63 and FINRA Series 6, which must be obtained promptly after hire in accordance with MFS' licensing policy.
- Must have a strong ability to work autonomously and manage competing priorities.
- Position requires a great level of attention to detail and ensuring accuracy.
- Capacity to learn quickly
- Demonstrated initiative in assuming additional responsibilities in current/prior roles.
- Demonstrated team player.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Self-Motivated to learn complex topics and articulate in simple terms to our clients
#LI-HYBRID What we offer:
- Generous time-off provided: including "Responsible time off" for many roles, paid company holidays when the US Stock Exchange is closed, plus paid volunteer time
- Family Focus: Up to 20 weeks of paid leave for new parents, back-up care program, dependent care flexible spending account, adoption assistance, generous caregiver leave
- Health and Welfare: Competitive medical, vision and dental plans, plus tax-free health savings accounts with company contributions
- Wellness Programs: Robust wellness webinars, employee assistance program, gym reimbursement through our medical plans, fitness center discounts and more
- Life & Disability Benefits: Company-paid basic life insurance and short-term disability
- Financial Benefits: 401(k) savings plan, Defined Contribution plan- 15% of base salary invested into the Plan, competitive total compensation programs
MFS is a hybrid work environment
(remote/onsite) unless otherwise stated in the job posting .
This position will require individuals to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19
as part of their job responsibilities, unless MFS approves an exemption as an accommodation due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief. Submission of an exemption request does not guarantee that an exemption will be approved or that the request can be accommodated.
If any applicant is unable to complete an application or respond to a job opening because of a disability, please contact MFS at 617-954-5000 or email email@example.com for assistance.
MFS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
and it is our policy to not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws. Employees and applicants of MFS will not be subject to harassment on the basis of their status. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited. Please see the EEO is the Law document and Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision , linked for your reference.