Boston Trust Walden Company
Job Opening: Quantitative Analyst
Boston Trust Walden Company is an independent, employee-owned firm providing investment management services to institutional investors and private wealth clients. The firm manages approximately $12.7 billion in client assets. Our team of professionals is committed to our distinctive investment philosophy, disciplined approach, and impact investing leadership.
Reasons to join Boston Trust Walden include:
- Firm size, reputation, stability, and success
- Challenging and fulfilling responsibilities
- Accessible senior leadership team
- Collegial work environment
- Commitment to both client and community service
- Recognition that work is but one component of a balanced life
Boston Trust Walden is committed to supporting equal employment opportunity and to promoting a workplace free of discrimination with regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, physical or mental disability, parental status, marital status, veteran/U.S. military status, pregnancy, citizenship status, or other legally protected status.
Boston Trust Walden is seeking a Quantitative Analyst to conduct primary quantitative research supporting security analysis, scoring models, and portfolio composition. The successful candidate will be intellectually curious and have an ability to learn and work independently to find solutions to complex problems.
- Work with portfolio managers and analysts on quantitative methodologies related to security selection and portfolio composition
- Maintain existing models, manage data sources and parameters, and disseminate output
- Contribute to the evolution of existing models and the development of new models
- Communicate frequently with portfolio managers and investment committees on analytical process and findings
Education: BS/BA with significant coursework in accounting, economics, statistics, or math required. CFA charter, or progress toward the CFA Charter, MBA or master’s degree preferred.
Length/Tenure: 2 to 4 years of professional experience
- Demonstrated interest in financial markets, statistical analysis, and investment management
- Demonstrated proficiency with data analysis using a programming language. Python experience preferred.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Excel
- Professional poise, confidence, and communication skills for effective interactions with all levels within the organization
- Ability to operate within a team-based, collaborative, and process-driven environment
Boston Trust Walden Company is committed to diversity in the workplace. We seek to create an environment where all employees’ abilities and energies are fully utilized. We believe diversity enhances our opportunity to build a high-performance culture that enables us to succeed in a competitive business. Reasonable accommodations will be made available to any applicant requesting them for the application process. Boston Trust Walden Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.