Senior Associate, Fixed Income
The Financial Institutions Team is comprised of ten investment professionals whose work is focused on fixed income investments in Financial Institutions, Real Estate backed and Securitization transactions in the US, Canada, Europe, and Australia. The team has credit coverage for approximately C$21 billion in public and private bonds across the Manulife complex. As part of the Financial Institutions Team, the Senior Associate will be based in Boston, with coverage of US banks primarily, and other credits or sectors as deemed appropriate.
- Manage the credit quality of existing US Bank portfolio and other FI team names as required.
- Make recommendations on purchase and sale activity for the US bank portfolio and other FI team names as required.
- Maintenance of financial spreadsheets for entire US bank portfolio and other FI team names as required and prepare quarterly updates for all issuers.
- Monitoring assigned credits on a regular basis, following for example, news, rating agency perspectives, announcements of major credit events and regulatory developments; and provide updates to GA Investments.
- Prepare annual credit reviews for assigned names, and investment proposals for new investments.
- Work on ad hoc projects.
- Collaborate with peers in Toronto and Boston, especially members of the bank team, to ensure consistency of rating rationales, financial data, and spreadsheets.
- A CFA and a BS/BA Finance or Economics is highly desirable.
- Experience in bank credit analysis is required. 5+ years of experience at an insurer, rating agency, bank or other FI is strongly preferred.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills along with an ability to think critically.
- A solid understanding of financial and accounting principles.
- Attention to detail and intellectual curiosity are critical success factors in this position.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, are essential.
- Ability to process large amounts of information simultaneously and respond to enquiries and opportunities in a timely manner.
- Comfortable in a dynamic environment that requires multi-tasking.
- A self-starter that enjoys working collaboratively in a cross-border team environment.
- Knowledge of the banking industry and capital markets is required
- Solid knowledge of PC applications (e.g., Excel, Word, and PowerPoint) and ability to retrieve credit information from online sources.
What can we offer you?
- A competitive salary and benefits packages.
- A growth trajectory that extends upward and outward, encouraging you to follow your passions and learn new skills.
- A focus on growing your career path with us.
- Flexible work policies and strong work-life balance.
- Professional development and leadership opportunities.
Our commitment to you
- Values-first culture
We lead with our Values every day and bring them to life together.
- Boundless opportunity
We create opportunities to learn and grow at every stage of your career.
- Continuous innovation
We invite you to help redefine the future of financial services.
- Delivering the promise of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
We foster an inclusive workplace where everyone thrives.
- Championing Corporate Citizenship
We build a business that benefits all stakeholders and has a positive social and environmental impact.