Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 60 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
We are transitioning to a hybrid work environment where both remote work and the office play a critical role. Our vision is a future where all employees are empowered to work flexibly to drive the best outcomes for our clients. Flexible work is a mindset and a core value. Our employees are encouraged to work remotely two days a week as a standard practice and will have flexibility in terms of working hours.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Investment Analyst will work as part of one or more product coverage teams to contribute to the broad efforts of EPM. The primary focus of the role is to provide analytical leverage to the team as well as be a point of contact for a variety of internal constituents regarding inquiries about the investment teams and products under coverage.
Responsibilities include performing analyses related to portfolio positioning, attribution and risk, market trends, competitive positioning, and pricing. Additional responsibilities may include creation and maintenance of marketing and client materials, review of RFPs, responses to client questions, automation of workflow, and collaboration on the development of client solutions and new investment approaches.
Success in the role requires a demonstrated interest in equity investing and passion for learning. A positive, collegial attitude and high level of professionalism are essential, as are creativity, initiative and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment with tight deadlines.
We are seeking candidates who display the following characteristics:
• A Bachelor's degree with very strong academic credentials and a record of achievement
• 2-5 years of relevant experience and progress towards the CFA are preferred
• Demonstrated analytical skills including the ability to organize and synthesize data to reach conclusions
• Solid judgment, intellectual curiosity, and willingness to take a differentiated perspective
• Attention to detail combined with a solutions-oriented mindset
• Ability to write clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings
• Articulate with an interest in developing presentation skills
• Proactive with an ability to work both independently and in collaboration with a global team
• Strong technical skills; mastery of MS Excel and familiarity with Factset are a plus but not essential
• Ability to organize, manage, and prioritize time well
• Grace under pressure with an ability to adapt to get things done
Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications? That's ok. If you believe that you could excel in this role, we encourage you to apply and welcome a chance to review your background. We are dedicated to building and maintaining a diversified workforce and considering a broad array of candidates with a variety of skill, workplace experiences, and backgrounds.
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .