Real Estate Securities Senior Analyst
Principal’s award-winning Real Estate Securities team (public equity) is looking to hire a Senior Analyst to contribute to the delivery of consistent, peer-leading investment performance. The primary role will be to perform in-depth, bottom-up fundamental research on an assigned coverage universe of predominantly US and Canadian companies and to make high value investment recommendations to the portfolio management team in a manner consistent with the teams’ investment process. The Senior Analyst will be responsible for researching existing holdings as well as independently generating new ideas.
Principal’s Global Real Estate Securities team is recognized as an industry leader with assets under management of over $25 billion (top 5 manager). It is part of Principal Real Estate with assets under management of over $100 billion (top 10 manager).
You’ll have the opportunity to perform:
- Equity research: Independently conduct extensive and differentiated fundamental equity research on an assigned group of stocks; uncovering information overlooked by other investors.
- Securities analysis: Demonstrate the ability to identify alpha generating investment ideas using both our proprietary valuation framework and secondary techniques while also contributing to process enhancements.
- Economic and industry analysis: Provide insightful and valuable commentary on economic and industry data and provide forecasts of future trends.
- Marketing: Instill confidence in third parties by demonstrating a deep understanding of assigned universe and other portfolio positions. On occasion, publish and/or contribute to white papers.
- Leadership: Provide mentoring and coaching to less experienced analysts when needed.
- Other job-related duties or special projects as required.
Salary Range Information
Salary ranges below reflect targeted base salaries. Non-sales positions have the opportunity to participate in a bonus program. Sales positions are eligible for sales incentives, and in some instances a bonus plan, whereby total compensation may far exceed base salary depending on individual performance. Actual compensation for all roles will be based upon geographic location, work experience, education, licensure requirements and/or skill level and will be finalized at the time of offer.
$140000 - $210000 / year
This role offers the ability for in-office, hybrid (blending both office and remote work in a typical workweek), and remote work arrangements. You’ll work with your leader to determine which option may align best based on several factors. Locations for hybrid talent include Des Moines, Chicago, or New York, which are the preferred locations for this position.
We’ll consider talent at the next level with the right experiences and skills.
At this time, we're not considering candidates that need any type of immigration sponsorship (additional work authorization or permanent work authorization) now or in the future to work in the United States? This includes, but IS NOT LIMITED TO: F1-OPT, F1-CPT, H-1B, TN, L-1, J-1, etc. For additional information around work authorization needs please use the following links.
Investment Code of Ethics
For Principal Global Investors positions, you’ll need to follow an Investment Code of Ethics related to personal and business conduct as well as personal trading activities for you and members of your household. These same requirements may also apply to other positions across the organization.
While our expertise spans the globe, we're bound by one common purpose: to foster a world where financial security is accessible to all. And our success depends on the unique experiences, backgrounds, and talents of our employees – individually and all of us together. Explore our core values, benefits and why we’re an exceptional place to grow your career.
Principal is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.