Polen Capital is seeking an experienced Investment Specialist in our Boston office. The Investment Specialist will communicate the firm’s investment philosophy and process, investment strategies, and performance to clients, prospective clients, and consultants. The Investment Specialist will focus on covering our 2nd and 3rd generation strategies; primarily the Global and US SMID strategies, the US Small Cap strategy, and the International Small Company strategy. The success of the role will be closely aligned to the growth of these strategies. The Investment Specialist will also be required to understand and convey messages across the entire range of Polen strategies.
- Communicate and deliver the firm’s investment philosophy and process, investment strategies, and performance to clients, prospective clients, and consultants
- Develop and maintain a full technical understanding of Polen’s 2nd and 3rd generation strategies
- Pitch and present to a variety of clients and prospects ranging from one-on-one meetings to conference main stage presentations across Advisor, Consultant, and Institutional channels
- Act as primary point of contact between Investment Teams and clients/prospects
- Build and maintain partnerships across Distribution, Marketing, and Investment Teams to share knowledge, provide market insights, deliver actionable recommendations, assist in the execution of distribution and client service plans, and capitalize on company strengths
- Work with key partners to develop, refine, and execute a strategy which includes messaging and product positioning
- Contribute to thought leadership and support the creation of effective client and marketing materials
- Develop acute understanding of client expectations and goals
- Maintain a detailed pulse on marketplace changes, competitor perspectives, and industry trends
- Share client and market feedback to assure alignment of interests specific to the Investment Team; ensure client-facing and marketing-facing communication integrity
- Bachelors degree in related field; Masters degree strongly preferred
- CFA preferred
- 10+ years of experience in an Investment Specialist or Investment role
- Strong acumen in equity markets
- Robust command of global investment industry and strategy knowledge
- Significant prior experience speaking in front of large groups of sophisticated investors
- Highly articulate; expresses thoughts in a clear and concise manner
- Team player with the ability to work well with others toward common goals
- Commitment to agility, continuous learning, and improvement
- Full-time employee
- Location: Boston, MA
- Up to 25% travel expected
- U.S. Permanent Work Authorization required
- COVID vaccine required
- Polen Capital is a ROWE (Results-Only Work Environment,) offers competitive health benefits, paid parental leave and annual individual training budgets
Research shows that women and other minority groups tend to apply only if they meet 100% of the criteria. We are committed to leveling the playing field, and we encourage women, people of color, and those in the LGBTQ+ community to apply for positions even if they do not necessarily check every box outlined in the job description.
Polen Capital is also committed to protecting the health and well-being of our team members, their families, and members of our community against COVID-19. Accordingly, we require all team members based in the United States to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have a documented underlying medical condition or sincerely held religious belief that prevents such vaccination. Offers of employment will be conditioned upon applicants presenting proof of completing a full COVID-19 vaccination or obtaining a medical or religious exemption.
Polen Capital is a global investment management firm advising approximately $80+ billion in assets as of January 2022 and providing high value-added, quality growth equity investment strategies to a wide range of institutional and individual clients around the world. Since 1989, the Firm has been committed to attracting, developing, and retaining exceptional professionals who are aligned with our goal of preserving and growing our clients’ assets to protect their present and enable their future.
Polen Capital has three autonomous investment teams that oversee a global equities universe of high-quality growth companies. The Boca Raton-based Large Company Growth team manages three large company strategies: Focus Growth, Global Growth, and International Growth. The Boston-based Small Company Growth team manages four small and mid-company strategies: U.S. Small Company Growth, U.S. Small- and Mid-Cap Company Growth, and International Small Company Growth and Global Small- and Mid Company Growth. The London-based Emerging Markets Growth team manages a Global Emerging Markets Growth strategy.
The firm has been recognized by Pensions & Investments as one of the industry’s “Best Places to Work” in each of the past six years.
- Polen Capital is guided by three Core Values geared toward honoring our commitment to our clients and creating a positive culture and a cordial and productive professional environment: “Do the right thing,” “Do more than expected,” and “Respect the individual”
- Mastery, autonomy, and purpose are key drivers for our people and behaviors
- Polen Capital embraces a growth mindset, strives for continuous learning, communicates via radical candor, and is a Results-Only Work Environment
- Diversity of thought, unique perspectives and inclusivity are core beliefs at Polen Capital; we view a diverse workforce as essential in fostering a culture of empathy and open-minded collaboration