Private Credit Research Analyst
Private Credit Research Analyst
San Francisco, Chicago, or Summit NJ/New York City
About the Position
As a private credit research analyst in Callan's Alternatives Consulting group, you’ll conduct research on private credit fund investments and work collaboratively with Callan’s institutional clients and consultants to research and monitor private credit investments, including direct lending, mezzanine, distressed, and specialty finance strategies. You’ll report to the head of the Alternatives Consulting group and work day-to-day with the head of the private credit team.
Please note: Our day-to-day environment is changing rapidly due to COVID-19, and Callan is committed to prioritizing your safety. Our ideal candidate will be able to adapt to these changes, which means initially working remotely, moving to a hybrid work schedule, and potentially returning to the office full time.*
What’s Unique about This Role?
Your primary focus will be to support Callan’s efforts to source, evaluate, and monitor private credit funds and to help improve Callan’s analytic capabilities. You’ll also participate in client calls and meetings as appropriate to discuss ongoing research and due diligence projects.
- Attend manager meetings and post meeting notes to Callan’s internal database on a timely basis
- Help maintain Callan’s proprietary forward calendar of compelling investment opportunities
Manager Due Diligence
- Assist with all phases of due diligence on prospective fund investments
- Compile due diligence materials and review with internal Callan committees and clients
- Coordinate the production of quantitative and qualitative private credit monitoring reports
- Attend regular manager meetings, including Annual General Meetings (AGMs), and post summary notes to Callan’s internal database
- Assist with cash flow models for capital budgeting and strategy allocation
- Help identify industry trends affecting current and prospective private credit investments
Research and Education
- Contribute to creating education materials for Callan Institute webinars and presentations
- Contribute to writing white papers and blog posts pertaining to private credit-related topics
Collaboration and Corporate Culture
- Contribute positively to Callan’s collaborative corporate culture
- Demonstrate intellectual curiosity and communicate proactively
- Work constructively with colleagues across the organization
- Utilize Callan’s internal committees to ensure client recommendations and deliverables are consistently high quality
- Assist with requests from Callan consultants, the Callan Institute, and the Published Research Group in a timely and efficacious manner
- Over 2 years of demonstrated experience in private credit manager research and/or performance measurement
- Strong Microsoft Excel and financial modelling capabilities
- Technical proficiency, including coding experience (e.g., Python, R, etc.) is desirable
- CFA and/or CAIA preferred
Compensation, Benefits, and Training
At Callan, you can expect:
- A generous compensation and benefits package, including base salary, bonus, 401(k) matching, profit sharing, health/medical/dental/vision benefits, monthly communications stipend, tuition assistance, and more
- Training for all Callan databases, research, and other systems
- Access to team-building events, community outreach opportunities, and wellness events
As an employee-owned firm, Callan is committed to giving long-term successful professionals an opportunity to become equity partners.
Founded in 1973, Callan is a one of the largest employee-owned investment consulting firms in the U.S., with more than $3 trillion in assets under advisement. We provide thoughtful, research-driven advice to large institutional investors including pension and defined contribution plans, endowments, foundations, insurance companies, and health care organizations. Because we are independently owned and not beholden to outside shareholders, we help raise the industry standard by orienting everything we do around our clients’ goals.
Callan has 190 employees and is headquartered in San Francisco with five additional offices throughout the U.S. Learn more about us at www.callan.com.
Please email a cover letter and resume referencing “Private Credit Research Analyst” to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Callan LLC is an equal opportunity employer.
*Subject to applicable law, only fully vaccinated employees will be permitted to enter Callan offices, travel on company business, and attend company sponsored events. A proof of vaccination will be required upon hire.