Apptopia is one of the fastest-growing mobile data providers in the world today. While we started the company in 2011, our superpower over the last five years has been our ability to accurately estimate downloads, revenue, and usage performance for every mobile app in the world. As a result, we have built a fast-growing business by providing competitive intelligence to some of today's biggest companies: McDonald's, Target, Visa, Facebook, Microsoft, etc.
In addition, not only are our mobile performance estimates accurate, but they also have a strong correlation with KPIs reported by public companies. As a result, the investment community is one of our faster-growing markets, as our data can be used to get a signal on earnings prior to their release.
The Research Analyst role presents a unique opportunity for a candidate to be an early member of our rapidly growing analyst team, as we probe deeper into how our data can be used to deliver value to both investors and corporate management teams.
Your Mission Statement:
Put simply, we are looking for a data-savvy analyst to combine skills in analytics, modeling, and critical thinking to derive insights that discover value for investors and corporate management teams alike.
Your Core Responsibilities:
- Combine our data with publicly available information to understand how our data relates to individual companies and their sectors
- Use our data and publicly available information to generate insights for investors and corporate management teams
- Build out case studies and correlation research on a quarterly basis that examines with which public equities our data correlates
- Prepare monthly and quarterly presentations to corporate management teams and investors regarding a company’s mobile presence and how the industry is changing
- Work directly with existing clients to help make sure they are approaching their research correctly and working with our data in the most productive way possible
- Support other departments at Apptopia in understanding and using our data
- Distill investment theses and corporate insights into discrete, quantifiable, and actionable research
- Deep research on industries and companies including quarterly and monitoring material news events related to companies under coverage
- 2+ years of prior work experience as an equity research analyst, strategy consultant, or business analyst; experience with multiple sectors preferred
- Intermediate technical skills required
- Must have experience ingesting and processing large amounts of data
- Modeling & forecasting experience a strong preference
- Experience investing in stocks (personal or professional) and passion for the stock market
- Ability to articulate the process you follow when investing in stocks
- Intellectual curiosity and motivation to innovate and improve
- 401K plan
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- HSA spending account
- Free lunch on Fridays
- Life Improvement Benefit (monthly stipend)
- Flexible work from home policy
Backed by powerhouse investors like Mark Cuban and ABS Capital, Apptopia specializes in providing competitive intelligence to mobile app publishers, software development kit (SDK) developers, mobile ad networks, and investment funds by estimating worldwide downloads, revenues, and active users for every mobile app. We also provide in-depth SDK analysis and recognition. Our actionable app store data and intuitive business intelligence tool help companies like Google, Facebook, and Verizon make more informed decisions. Apptopia has been recognized for 3 consecutive years in the Boston Business Journal’s Fast 50, as one of the City’s fastest-growing startups.
Apptopia is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success! Apptopia is not able to provide visa sponsorship at this time.