Senior Investment Strategist, Responsible Investing
At Parametric, we offer competitive salaries, generous benefits and opportunities for growth and development. We invite you to explore our available job opportunities listed below and look forward to having you become a part of our continued success.
We are looking for a Senior Investment Strategist, Responsible Investing to support the continued investment success of Parametric’s strategies, and serve as a client facing subject matter expert in responsible investing. The successful candidate is someone who is happiest when they are learning and growing.
The mission of the Investment Strategist is to support our clients’ ability to align their investments with their principles by tailoring Parametric’s investment solutions to their unique ESG needs. The investment strategist helps oversee the strategies, drive their evolution, and educate the market by contributing responsible investing thought leadership. They are a seasoned investment expert that helps clients and advisors make full use of the Parametric customization capabilities and collaborates both internally and externally to advocate for a sustainable economy.
Parametric provides systematic solutions fueled by science and prides ourselves on building genuine, long-term partnerships with our clients. The Investment Strategy team’s mandate is to create and deliver powerful stories for external and internal clients and turn investment research into real-world portfolios for investors. We meet with clients and prospects, present at events, and write papers. We also work on complex custom analysis and mandate design, strategy evolution, and new product development. This is an opportunity to work with a dynamic and growing team while making a personal impact on a firm with a unique culture that values hard work but also encourages genuine teambuilding.
- Serve as an external-facing subject matter expert for responsible investing by supporting direct sales and client service activities and training distribution staff in the subject matter
- Develop strategy marketing, including writing papers, investment Q&As, and blogs, and contributing to marketing material
- Provide deep subject matter expertise in a subset of various themes that could include faith-based investing, human rights (including modern slavery), climate change, diversity, and United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
- Engage with portfolio companies to encourage more transparency and better long-term corporate practices and behaviors
- Support large-case custom analysis and complex mandate design for clients by conducting related research and analysis
- Oversee strategies by preparing commentary, participating in investment committee meetings, and raising issues for deeper research
- Collaborate with strategy, research, portfolio management, and product management to help evolve strategy and contribute to related new product development, under the direction of more senior members
- Provide market and competitor input to Product Management
- Develop and maintain a general working knowledge of other Parametric product offerings, client requirements, and competitive landscape
- Other duties as assigned
- 10+ years of related equity (or fixed income) work experience, with a strong preference for responsible investing as well
- Completion of, or progress towards, MBA, CFA, or Master’s Degree in Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, or Finance preferred
- Expertise in quantitative investing and portfolio management (risk modeling, optimization, factor investing, index construction, tax management, derivatives)
- Ability to understand financial theory and its practical implication to current or potential strategies
- Strong communication skills, including a desire to develop into a “thought leader” and present complex material, including to clients, investment advisors, consultants, or at industry conferences
- Project management ability, with an attention to detail and accuracy
- Work effectively within a team-oriented, collaborative environment
Parametric is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a work environment that is free of discrimination and harassment. It does not discriminate against applicants or employees with respect to any terms or conditions of employment on account of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, age, pregnancy, parenthood, physical or mental disability (actual or perceived), medical condition including genetic characteristics, marital status, citizenship status, military service, gender, gender identity or express, registered domestic partner status, domestic violence victim status, status with regard to public assistance, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Parametric also prohibits discrimination based on the perception that a person has any of those characteristics or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics. This commitment applies to all persons involved in the operations of Parametric, and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee of Parametric, including supervisors and co-workers. All employment decisions shall be consistent with the principles of equal employment opportunity.
The information on this website is for U.S. residents only and does not constitute an offer to sell, or a solicitation of an offer to purchase, securities in any jurisdiction to any person to whom it is not lawful to make such an offer. Investing entails risks and there can be no assurance that Parametric (and its affiliates) will achieve profits or avoid incurring losses. All investments are subject to potential loss of principal. Parametric does not provide tax or legal advice. Prospective investors should consult with a tax or legal advisor before making any investment decision. Please refer to the disclosure page for important information about investments and risks.