Equity Analyst - Consumer Focused
By joining Eaton Vance, you’ll become part of a company that has one of the best employee retention rates in the financial services industry. We offer competitive salaries, generous benefits, and tremendous opportunities for growth and development. If you do not see a position that fits your career objectives, please return to this site in the future as our hiring needs will change. We look forward to your becoming a part of our continued success!
We are looking for a thoughtful and successful investor to serve as the primary consumer analyst for our Value strategies. The Boston-based group is looking for a team member that will be responsible for coordinating coverage of the consumer staples and consumer discretionary sectors. The analyst will be expected to evaluate and recommend public equity investment opportunities across large and mid-sized companies.
- Generate strong and consistent alpha applying a bottom-up, fundamental investment process.
- Initiate and sustain high-quality fundamental equity analysis of publicly traded securities within consumer industries.
- Generate and proactively communicate investment recommendations on individual securities, as well as provide views on the attractiveness of relevant industries.
- Develop proprietary investment insights from non-traditional data sources including:
- Financially material ESG data (collaborating with colleagues at Calvert)
- Cross-asset class investment insights (collaborating with colleagues in Eaton Vance’s Income Group)
- Non-traditional “big data” tools (collaborating with Eaton Vance’s data science analysts)
- Diligently document all recommendations and updates, including price targets.
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with other analysts on the other equity, fixed income, and Calvert teams in order to facilitate the sharing and debate of relevant information and investment ideas.
- Proactively participate in all team meetings, taking a holistic view of portfolios, and actively participating in debate of securities across all sectors.
- Master’s degree and/or CFA preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years buy-side investment experience.
- Consistently strong alpha generator with a demonstrable track record.
- Comfort in engaging in active debate with colleagues regarding investment opportunities.
- Sound judgment and willingness to take appropriate investment risk.
- Superior understanding of securities analysis, accounting, valuation methods, qualitative and quantitative techniques.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work well independently and as a member of a team, which includes the ability to be flexible and adaptable.
- Advanced computer skills and strong attention to detail.