Equity Research Associate (Industrial Technology)
Needham & Company is seeking a research associate to work with its New York-based Senior Advanced Industrial Technology Equity Research Analyst to help support coverage of 20+ stocks. The candidate will support the Analyst in delivering extensive company and industry research, constructing detailed company and industry financial models, and marketing written research recommendations to clients and institutional salespeople.
Working in partnership with the Senior Analyst, the objective of the Associate is to:
- Build strong industry knowledge of the Advanced Industrial Technology sector (the use of engineering and manufacturing technology to make production faster, simpler, and more efficient);
- Develop, maintain and forecast detailed earnings models (revenue model, income statement, balance sheets, cash flow);
- Analyze industry market, economic and technology trends;
- Assist in writing reports/notes on companies under coverage universe, related companies and industry analysis;
- Develop relationships with management teams and industry contacts;
- Communicate with sales force and traders, clients and company management teams.
Key qualifications / Requirements:
- 2-4 yrs. of experience in finance or accounting, preferably Equity Research or Investment Banking experience;
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance preferred;
- Securities Industry Essentials, Series, 63, 7, 86 and 87 (possession or willingness to obtain);
- Progress towards CFA a plus;
- Self-starter with ability to work independently ;
- Strong work ethic with a focus on teamwork;
- High fluency in accounting and financial statement analysis;
- Advanced knowledge of Excel;
- Highly detail-oriented;
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills; and
- Passionate interest in equity markets and technology.