Municipal Bond Analyst
Municipal Bond Analyst
Since 1955, millions of investors in the United States and around the globe have relied on Federated Hermes, Inc. (NYSE: FHI) for world-class investment solutions. Federated Hermes has grown to become one of the nation's largest investment managers with $625 billion in assets under management. Federated Hermes is a global leader in active responsible investing with one of the largest engagement and stewardship teams in the world representing over $1 trillion in assets under advisement.
Federated Hermes has a unique opportunity for a Municipal Bond Analyst in our Municipal Bond Group, supporting management of $6.7 billion in municipal bond assets that span across a wide range of GO and Revenue bond issues and credit qualities, to include below investment grade. The Municipal Bond Group is part of the Federated Hermes Fixed Income Group, which manages $86 billion, including all major sectors the US bond market.
Pittsburgh is one of the nation’s most livable cities with a strong economy; lower cost of living than cities of similar size; entrepreneurial spirit; sense of community; superior academics and top research universities; and, vibrant arts, food, cultural and professional sports scenes. Federated Hermes is a company that fosters a strong collaborative culture and recognizes the strength of individual contributions.
- Conduct fundamental, in-depth municipal credit analysis to assess credit quality and to make investment recommendations for municipal bond portfolios.
- Provide and maintain internal credit assessments and develop municipal sector expertise to assist in portfolio management decisions.
- Participate in and present at municipal credit and sector tactical meetings with portfolio managers, traders and other analysts.
- Maintain on-going, frequent communications with portfolio managers, analysts and traders.
- Develop and maintain working rapport with external industry sources, as needed, to support credit analysis responsibilities and investment decision making.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor degree in business, finance, economics or related field required with a solid foundation in finance and accounting; Master’s degree in business, finance, economics, public policy or related field preferred
- CFA or progress towards CFA designation, a plus
- Minimum 2 years of investment-related work experience required; two to five years of municipal credit analysis experience preferred
- Understanding of how macroeconomic and policy factors affect investment opportunities preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of financial statement analysis required.
- Excellent research and analytical skills required
- Solid computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word & related applications, required
- Solid written and oral presentation skills required
- High level of academic achievement required
Federated Hermes, Inc. offers a competitive salary and benefits package along with a professional environment.
Only those candidates in whom we have an interest will be contacted.
More searches like this
- Corporate Finance Finance - General Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Economics Finance - General Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Fixed Income Research: Buy Side Finance - General Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Fixed Income Research: Sell Side Finance - General Full Time jobs in Bachelors
- Performance Analysis Finance - General Full Time jobs in Bachelors