Equity Product Manager
The Equity Product Manager performs a critical role within the organization, serving as an extension of assigned investment teams and/or the Institutional Portfolio Managers, with a focus on partnering with Eaton Vance distribution businesses. The Equity Product Manager ‘owns’ all marketing-related functions and acts as the first point of contact for his/her assigned products within the intermediary and institutional marketing channels. He/she coordinates business questions from the field and helps to produce investment-related content contained in: pitch books, fact sheets, sales ideas, talking points, RFPs, websites, etc. He/she may also participate in client/prospect meetings and conduct internal training sessions. The Equity Product Manager generates competitive and positioning analysis, assists with regular commentary production, and handles ad hoc attribution and presentation data requests. He/she also serves as the principal conduit to deal with product issues related to Sales, Marketing, RFP, Legal and Compliance areas.
- Maintains a comprehensive and ongoing understanding of assigned equity investment strategies and markets, serving as a backup to the IPMs.
- Interfaces with internal and external audiences and responds to product-related questions and data requests.
- Contributes to investment and product education and develops insightful analytics.
- Oversees the quality and integrity of client- and market-facing investment communications and marketing material.
- Provides sales and marketing support for assigned investment products, developing sales ideas and talking points and providing investment input to marketing plans and programs.
- Reviews RFP content and proofreads investment-related communications and pitch books.
- Assists with the creation of presentation materials for sales meetings and client requests.
- Responds to ad hoc requests for portfolio attribution, characteristics, holdings, etc.
- Minimum 5 years related equity experience with an investment manager.
- Strong knowledge of various types of equity products.
- Knowledge and/or experience with closed-end funds a plus
- FINRA Series 7 & 63 required or obtained within 6 months of hire date
- Highly effective verbal and written communication capabilities.
- Strong technical skills: Factset, Zephyr, eVestment, Morningstar Direct preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree required;
- CFA or progress toward CFA strongly preferred.