Mortgage-Backed Securities Strategist (Potential PM Track)
Provide analytical research and trade recommendations to Portfolio Managers and investment team as necessary.
- Perform analysis, presentations, trade recommendations and execution of U.S. Treasuries, U. S. Government Agency Debentures, and Mortgage-Backed Securities (Agency/Non-Agency MBS), and U.S. interest rate derivatives.
- Provide recommendations with regard to sector allocations within mortgage portfolios.
- Assist with asset allocation, security selection and trade recommendations for all of the products within the MBS department.
- Assist with the interest rate hedging needs of the various mortgage products.
- Evaluate new markets for investment opportunities.
- Perform special projects as needed, usually of a quantitative nature.
- Monitor policy changes from government agencies.
- Potential for eventual client facing opportunities.
- Represent investment team at meetings/conference calls as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree. Strong academic record, including courses in finance, and completion of CFA.
- 5+ years related buy/sell side experience, including analysis, trading and structuring.
- Extensive knowledge of prepayment models.
- Prior experience trading MBS dollar rolls and coupon swaps.
- Fixed income analysis or trading experience preferred.
- Prior experience structuring agency and non-agency mortgage products preferred.
- Experience with interest rate and mortgage derivatives preferred.
- In depth knowledge of U.S. economics and securities markets preferred.
- Public speaking experience preferred but not essential.
- High quantitative aptitude and strong attention to detail.