Eventide is a growing, and mission-driven company looking to attract people who are eager to serve others and the global common good. Eventide employees work hard for the sake of others—our clients, other employees, and our world. We’re looking to make the world rejoice through a different kind of investing that puts capital to work in great businesses. Our mission is to honor God and serve our clients by seeking out investments in businesses creating compelling value for the global common good. Our proprietary Business 360 framework helps us identify and analyze stakeholder-oriented companies. Come join this exciting cause!
As part of the Investment Consulting Group (ICG), the Portfolio Consultant is responsible for supporting the sales effort at Eventide by serving as a subject matter expert and building values-based model portfolio illustrations for financial professionals. The Portfolio Consultant will additionally act as a liaison between the investment team and the Distribution team for the purpose of maintaining a high level of understanding about Eventide’s investment strategies among the team. This is an excellent opportunity for an individual with strong analytical and sales skills to join a fast-growing firm as part of a dynamic team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work as a key member of the Investment Consulting Group to build model portfolio illustrations, considering values-based criteria, stakeholder theory and risk/return objectives.
- Perform ongoing quantitative and qualitative research on values-based fund families and capture research notes in Morningstar.
- Perform investment and portfolio analytics for aid in the sales process including but not limited to competitive fund comparisons, in-depth portfolio and company analysis, buy and sell commentary and analysis. Represent these commentaries and analyses in a compelling visual presentation.
- Perform investment and portfolio analyses on an Ad Hoc basis to the Investment team in support of investment team and product development projects. Examples might include: Private investment attribution analyses, Morningstar liaison (category changes).
- Support sales team with investment and performance analytics requests.
- Ability to articulate the Eventide story, Business 360 process and current macroeconomic environment/views.
- Gain a deep understanding of the responsible and sustainable investing landscape, including and especially Christian faith-based approaches and nuances
- Review and understand both complimentary BRI offerings as well as competitor non-BRI investments
- Be a liaison between portfolios managers and financial professionals.
- Provide other portfolio reporting/analytics as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or related field
- 3-5 years of financial services industry experience
- CFA strongly preferred
- Self-starter and self-motivated person who can solve problems and add value with limited supervision
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills. Willingness and desire to present to financial professionals on a very frequent basis.
- Strong desire to serve and care for the needs of the team and client base
- Working knowledge of capital markets and mutual fund securities
- Experience with portfolio management and financial data platforms a plus (Bloomberg, Factset, Morningstar, Refinitiv, Evestnet, Riskalyze, Capital IQ.)
- Knowledge of MPT and statistics as applied to finance and investing
- Strong organization skills, with the ability to manage multiple tasks
- Strong computer skills, including PowerPoint, and Excel
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
To apply for this role, send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com