Our Quantitative and Risk Analytics group is hiring a Quantitative Associate to join the team in Lincoln, MA. The team oversees portfolio analytics, simulation based-frameworks, strategic asset allocation, and quantitative research for the Advisory Solutions Group (ASG) team. In this role, you will maintain proprietary investment risk-management and forecasting data, models, and corresponding software interfaces for broad deployment at the firm. You will also help serve as the day-to-day liaison on behalf of the Quant team to both the growing Portfolio Management and Investment Research teams as well as assisting with quant-specific research projects.
The Quant Associate will report directly into the firm’s Head of Quantitative and Risk Analytics.
- Respond to daily questions from Portfolio Management and Research teams.
- Maintain proprietary portfolio and risk management software, models, and data used by our portfolio managers.
- Validate and maintain investment exposure data across asset classes in conjunction with Research Analysts -- a key input for our risk management software.
- Perform daily, weekly, and monthly data integrity processes critical to the support of various quantitative models.
- Assist in quarterly investment fund slide deck generation.
- Apply programming skillset to automate quantitative processes and improve efficiency.
- Assist with quant-specific research projects including annual Strategic Asset Allocation process.
Ideal qualifications & experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in finance, math, economics or related area
- 2-5 years’ experience in the financial industry required -- must have relevant work experience
- Strong programming experience in Excel and VBA along with prior experience using MATLAB, R, or Python required
- Experience with analysis on large data sets
- Excellent attention to detail and time-management skills with a problem-solving mindset
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Disciplined work ethic and ability to work independently and as a part of a team
- Experience with FactSet and Bloomberg a plus
- Ability to work in the United States without requiring sponsorship; we are unable to provide sponsorship for this role
What makes Franklin Templeton unique?
In addition to the dynamic and professional environment at Franklin Templeton, we strive to ensure that our employees have access to a competitive and valuable set of Total Rewards — the mix of both monetary and non-monetary rewards provided to you in recognition for your time, talents, efforts, and results.
Our benefits include:
- Three weeks paid time off the first year
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with 75% company match on your pre-tax and/or Roth, up to the IRS limits
- Employee Stock Investment Program
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Purchase of company funds with no sales charge
We believe that being a good corporate citizen is good business. To us, corporate citizenship means being accountable, serving our clients, being an employer of choice, managing our environmental impact, and supporting our communities. An emphasis on corporate citizenship is embedded in our culture and values, and is an important element of how we achieve success.
We are also committed to your learning and development with resources focused around Experience, Exposure, and Education, to help you achieve your professional development goals. Take some time to, meet some of our people, and see what it means to say, “I AM Franklin Templeton”.
Franklin Templeton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity for all applicants and existing employees and we evaluate qualified applicants without regard to ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, or gender expression, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law, ordinance, or regulation. We invite you to visit us at http://www.franklintempletoncareers.com/ to learn more about our company and our career opportunities.
More searches like this
- Equities Research: Buy Side Private Wealth Management Firm jobs in Full Time
- ESG/Socially Responsible Research Private Wealth Management Firm jobs in Full Time
- Portfolio Management: Multi-Asset Private Wealth Management Firm jobs in Full Time
- Wealth Management Private Wealth Management Firm jobs in Full Time