Senior Alternative Investment Portfolio Manager - Remote
Find more than a job. Find more in yourself.
Find your calling. Essentia Health seeks employees who embrace our commitment to patient-and family-centered care in communities both large and small. We’re looking for people who are committed to making patients and their families feel known and understood. People who understand what it means to be Here with you.
People who are willing to use their strengths to help others.
Senior Alternative Investment Portfolio Manager – Remote
The Senior Alternative Investment Portfolio Manager is responsible for collaborating with the Treasury investment team as well as external investment partners in leading the alternatives investment program at Essentia Health. This position will be responsible for private equity, private credit and hedge fund investment strategies. Assists in the development of the private market investment strategy in the several different pools of assets at Essentia Health including the long-term investment portfolio, the captive insurance portfolio and two defined benefit plans where assets of the pools which collectively represent approximately $1.3 billion.
Working with our external investment partner, will provide leadership in researching, sourcing, conducting due diligence, reviewing subscription documentation, and recommending and monitoring investments in these markets. This position will be responsible for ensuring timely commitment pacing modeling as well as capital call and distribution management in private equity. This position will also provide input into strategic asset liability management objectives and portfolio decisions for the defined benefit plans.
QUALIFICATIONS (minimum requirements)
Education and/or years experience required:
• Bachelors Degree required
• MBA in Finance, Economic or related field preferred
• 6 years of experience in private markets including private equity, private credit, and/or hedge fund investing for a pension, foundation or endowment or family office in a private or public or environment.
• Minimum of 3 years of supervisory or management experience in a private, public, government environment.
• Advanced problem solving, financial modeling, analytical skills including ability to understand and analyze complex investment concepts preferred.
• Experience presenting investment topics to investment committees or boards.
• CFA Charterholder or CAIA Charterholder. Holding both certifications is preferred.
Essentia Health offers competitive salary and benefits that include medical, dental, life insurance, long-term disability, flex spending accounts, retirement plans, paid time off, and continuing education including tuition reimbursement.
To apply to this opportunity or others available at Essentia Health,
Please visit us online at www.EssentiaHealth.org/Careers
Quality Hospitality Respect Joy Justice Stewardship Teamwork
We are called to make a healthy difference in people’s lives.
Essentia Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, creed, culture, disability (physical or mental), ethnicity, familial status, gender identity or expression, genetic information, language, local Human Rights Commission activity, national origin, military service, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, or public assistance status.