Sr. Investment Consultant - Healthcare
Position Overview: NEPC, LLC (NEPC) is seeking an accomplished investment consultant with experience servicing clients in the healthcare market. This position requires minimum of 10 years of solid investment experience in both traditional and alternative asset classes. Prior or current experience in an investment consulting firm with a demonstrated track record of attracting and retaining clients is strongly preferred. Experience working with healthcare clients with multiple asset pools including pension plans, operating funds, self-insurance/captive, and 403b plans strongly preferred. In addition, this individual must have experience speaking at conferences and have a broad network of contacts in the healthcare industry.
Location: (Flexible) NEPC’s corporate headquarter is Boston, Massachusetts with satellite offices nationwide. This position could be in located in any of our offices.
Experience Level: 10-15 plus years of related experience, significant working knowledge of complex investments, and a track record of helping healthcare institutions construct portfolios to meet investment objectives. Qualified candidates must have an established network of contacts/clients.
- Ability to manage and service multiple complex client relationships.
- Meet client needs and objectives and be responsive and accessible to clients, consistent with NEPC’s client centric philosophy.
- Ability to develop new business relationships in the healthcare space, present NEPC’s unique market brand to prospects and bring new clients to the firm.
- Provide consulting advice on investment fund design, structure, and governance.
- Participate in marketing and new business development opportunities on a regular basis.
- Back up other Sr. Consultants/Partners on complex accounts as needed.
- Guide/train analysts and other associates as needed.
- Assist in the preparation of “white papers” on topics of current or prospective interest to clients.
- Participate in appropriate healthcare industry related conferences and networking events becoming a known NEPC entity in the space.
- Maintain current knowledge of investment trends and challenges, including best practices and communicate these effectively with clients.
- Partner with NEPC’s team of Research professionals to stay current on investment market trends
- Ability to manage some of the most sophisticated investment relationships.
- Act as a lead consultant for any NEPC team designated to work with a healthcare client.
- Provide consulting advice to clients on trends in the capital markets and NEPC’s recommended actions.
- Determine the appropriate asset mix and fund structure for each client – including a deep understanding of enterprise risk management modeling and application.
- Develop/review investment policy statements and update appropriately.
- Oversee/conduct manager searches for traditional and alternative assets.
- Prepare and/or review quarterly reports for client investment performance.
- Educate clients as to their investments and to general topics of interest in the investment industry especially as it relates to the specific needs of their institution.
Job Requirements: We are seeking a poised, accomplished healthcare investment professional with a strong track record of building client relationships and bringing new business to an organization. This requires strong presentation, verbal communication and writing skills and a solid technical background. Experience servicing institutional investment relationships within a healthcare environment as an investment expert required. Minimum ten years of investment experience required. An advanced degree and/or the CFA® and/or CAIA® designation are strongly preferred. In depth knowledge of asset allocation and alternative assets is mandatory. Ability to handle multiple, unique client relationships (alone or on a team basis) is an inherent job requirement.
Benefits: NEPC features competitive salary, bonus and full benefits, including health and welfare, profit sharing and 401(k) plans In addition, we offer tuition reimbursement and financial support towards the CFA and CAIA designations.
Company Overview: NEPC, LLC is an employee-owned, full service investment consulting firm based in Boston, Massachusetts. NEPC was founded in 1986 and now has approximately 300 employees and over 350 clients. We provide a variety of consulting services such as asset allocation, performance measurement, policy formulation, and manager search. Our clients include defined benefit, defined contribution, endowments, foundations, trusts, public, corporate, Taft-Hartley, health & welfare, high-net worth, insurance and private plans. NEPC’s mission is to help our clients build successful investment programs, using diverse and proven strategies to enhance returns while minimizing risk. We’re a fun (but demanding) company with excellent working conditions and a very supportive team-oriented environment.