Sr. Research Analyst - Private Wealth
3 days left
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Job Level: 3-7 years of experience
The Private Equity Analyst builds and maintains knowledge of institutional investment managers and processes by conducting investment manager research for various Private Equity strategies (i.e. buyout, venture capital, growth equity, fund of funds, direct lending, mezzanine, distressed and secondaries) and providing related analysis as a member of the Private Equity team. Working closely with the consulting teams the Private Equity Team develops the clients' annual investment plan, identifies the investment strategies, managers and investment funds that best suit the clients' needs. This position will also participate in the manager monitoring process and will be responsible for providing research/consulting support to our clients.
- Develop a deep knowledge of the Private Equity strategy and the underlying investment managers in order to serve as an internal resource to consultants and consulting analysts seeking current information, including opportunities within the strategy, data and analysis, and comparison to other managers in strategy.
- Participate in evaluating and monitoring Private Equity managers including attending and participating in meetings with managers, summarizing meeting outcomes, and evaluating the organization, and investment strategy, process, and performance.
- Participate in the data collection process to ensure accurate entry of quantitative and qualitative information into the database for use in written due diligence reports.
- Work with the Private Equity team to prioritize the list of Private Equity managers/funds for which due diligence reports will be created.
- Develop research and documentation for the Private Equity surveys, trends and other related analysis.
- Participate in monitoring the clients' Private Equity managers.
- Assist in the specification, evaluation, selection, and on-going improvement of the firm’s manager research analysis and knowledge management technology.
- Efficiently manage internal resources to allow for effective handling of multiple projects for multiple clients/consultants simultaneously.
The ideal candidate will have an understanding of Private Equity strategies and closed end investment vehicles, along with 3-7 years of relevant work experience working in private equity fund research. Must have a strong interest in and experience with private Equity strategies and managers. A Bachelor’s degree is required; an advanced degree and/or CAIA® designation or CFA® designation (or progress toward these credentials) is a plus. Strong writing and analytical abilities are necessary. Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills are imperative, as well as the ability to work with team members in other offices. Must have exceptional attention to detail with the ability to produce a quality written product. Ability and willingness to effectively engage in conversation with managers, references, and clients. Ability to work both independently and as part of a team. Demonstrated leadership, integrity and initiative. NEPC is a strong advocate of promotion from within, so excellent potential exists for professional growth. Competitive salary, bonus and full benefits including profit sharing and 401(k) plans.